Can Some One Help Me, I Am Not A Fan Of

Decorating By GrannieJ Updated 30 Aug 2007 , 7:00pm by GrannieJ

GrannieJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrannieJ Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 6:09pm
post #1 of 4

black forest cake. I have a bride who would like that for her wedding. So I would like to find a recipe that is wonderful, but I don't like that kind of cake icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Is there anyone here who could recomend a recipe for me??

3 replies
Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 4

I read a thread a while back about box cakes. Some bright CC pal recomended using a chocolate cake box mix. They mashed up canned cherries in the food processer. They used the cherry liquid as the water and then folded in the cherry bits into the cake batter. It was an all in one kinda black forest cake, that is so yummy and easy to decorate...It still gives you the same flavor, but yopu do not have to worry about the cherries falling out or bleeding...

nimsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nimsi Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 6:50pm
post #3 of 4

Hi, I didn't try that one, but looks good to me, Good luck!! thumbs_up.gif

Easiest Black Forest Cake

Super easy cake...made with mixes and already prepared items...but with a homemade taste!
by Karen

10-12 servings 1¼ hours 30 min prep

1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix, baked as directed in 9 x 13 inch pan and left in pan
1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
1 tablespoon almond extract
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 (5 1/8 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding, prepared as directed (use gelatin-free version to make vegetarian)
1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
chocolate sprinkles
maraschino cherries

Mix cherry pie filling and almond extract.
While cake is still warm, poke top all over with fork and spread the cherry filling mixture all over the top.
When you prepare vanilla pudding, make it as directed on box, but add the vanilla extract to it with the milk.
Fold Cool Whip into pudding.
Spread pudding mixture over cake, covering the cherry pie filling.
Decorate with chocolate sprinkles and cherries.
Chill until serving time.

GrannieJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrannieJ Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 7:00pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you both SO much!! I think I will try a couple of versions and let the bride and groom taste them.
Thanks again for responding!!! This place is the best!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%