Ebay Buyer Beware

Decorating By msmeg Updated 31 Aug 2007 , 1:03pm by SMRturtle

msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 6:00pm
post #1 of 10

I though I found a great deal on Ebay a second bowl for my 6 qt mixer..... they cost $59 from kitchen Aid.... I won the auction for $10

yep you get what you pay for... it does fit on the mixer but my new 6 qt mixer bowl is really 5 qt and it is printed right on the bowl and the quality is no where neat a Kitchen aid

I am not a happy camper right now... I emailed the seller and I am about ready to email ebay as he has more listed. so buyer beware you do get what you pay for.

9 replies
CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 6:03pm
post #2 of 10

icon_sad.gif thanks for the tip... sorry that happened to ya. Ebay is a crapshoot sometimes!

msmeg Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 7:02pm
post #3 of 10

update the seller replied and swears it is a 6qt bowl but says he will refund my money if I choose.... it is clearly printed on the bowl 5 qt but I told him I would try the bowl and see if there is a problem with it and the beater......

they just should not be listed as 6 qt so an almost honest seller that does not bake or he would have seen the difference.

$10 plus shipping is not bad for a smaller bowl if it works....

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 7:33pm
post #4 of 10

i think you should send it back to him and get back your money.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 3:34am
post #5 of 10

the kitchen aid online shop sometimes has them on clearence. i got 2 5qt bowls for 19. each, and two lids for 9.99. i have also bought a spare bowl off of ebay and although it fit my mixer the lids did not fix, so it wasn't the real thing.

msmeg Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 12:28pm
post #6 of 10

call me stupid I did not know there was a lid for the bowl.... I will have to look into that.

I decided to keep it I only paid $10 and it worked fine. just not as sturdy and a qt less....

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 12:39pm
post #7 of 10

I'm addicted to ebay shopping and now selling! lol Currently we are selling clothes and stuff cleaning out closets and what not lol. Sometimes I'll come across a piece of my nieces clothes and not know very much about it.. like Hollister and Aeropostale.... People ask me all the time "whats the back pockets look like" I'm thinking... why!? lol but for some reason it's a big thing with Hollister jeans... they have to have that rainbow shaped stitching on the pockets lol..

I don't blame ya though for being upset.. I bought my husband a new chain off ebay and even though it said it was sterling silver.... it turned his neck green after 20 minutes of wearing it.... I was very upset to say the least lol. But ya live and learn and try again icon_smile.gif

armywife1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywife1 Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 12:43pm
post #8 of 10

Since you decided to keep the bowl, I hope you didn't give very good feedback on him. False advertising is false advertising! There's a difference b/w the numbers 5 and 6. Maybe he needs to go back to the basics and learn this before he sells anything! Sorry this mishap took place for you. Good luck with your bowl.

omaida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
omaida Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 1:01pm
post #9 of 10

If you write e-bay and place a compaint they will usually talk to the buyer and once you return the item they will refund your money. That happens a lot. make sure you place a message on the seller's site where you can say whether you were satisfied or not with your item and purchase.

SMRturtle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SMRturtle Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 1:03pm
post #10 of 10

Did you mention the seller's name on here by any chance? I didn't see it but I ordered a kitchen aid bowl, and whisk and a couple of other things last week so I'm hoping that it's ok. I'd love to know the sellers name though, to know what I might be expecting if it's the same one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%