Numbers And Alphabets

Decorating By debbieann Updated 30 Aug 2007 , 9:30pm by foots2

debbieann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbieann Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 3:59am
post #1 of 8

i'm starting to get request for numbers and alphabets now i don't want to order them they are some expensive and to buy 0-9 of the number will really cost. i already know about wilton #1 so do anyone out there have a template or any kind of guide i could use to carve the cake i will like to make the big number using cake pan 11x15 or 12x18 if you can help please do so.
thanks

7 replies
lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 4:07am
post #2 of 8

debbieann you could use your word processor to make a large single number the size and font that you want, print it out and then cut it out of cardboard to make a template. Just a thought.

debbieann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbieann Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 8:58pm
post #3 of 8

at least 40 people have read my post. i'm sure someone out there has a suggestion so please respond and give me some ideas.
be bless

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 9:12pm
post #4 of 8

Here is a link to show you how to cut up a cake into a number.

http://sdbytracy.com/numbercakes.htm

I will see if I can find letters for you. You make have to make a template and cut from that.

Good luck

Not everyone that looks at a post may have an answer you may have asked a question they were hoping to see the answer and have mark the line at the bottom to watch for replies.

momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 9:20pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrieg

debbieann you could use your word processor to make a large single number the size and font that you want, print it out and then cut it out of cardboard to make a template. Just a thought.

I agree. I don't know if you have one or know someone who has one but a projector is great for enlarging things with out using a photo copier and taping papers together. I purchased mine at one of the local craft stores with a 40% off coupon. Michaels one in the sunday paper this week

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 9:24pm
post #6 of 8

I'm just responding to totally agree with the previous answer-draw it on something and cut it out. I think that would be the easiest and most economical thing to do.

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 9:28pm
post #7 of 8

Ok, here is a one pan to make any number and letter

Go all the way to the bottom - cost is $9.99

I know I have seen one

http://fantes.com/cake_pans_shapes.htm

foots2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foots2 Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 9:30pm
post #8 of 8

justsweet...........thanks for that site. Its a great help

Quote by @%username% on %date%