Venting!!!!!!!!michaels And The 50% Off Coupon

Decorating By kris_813 Updated 29 Oct 2006 , 4:57am by Loucinda

kris_813 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kris_813 Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 2:56am
post #1 of 12

I went to Michaels today to use my Hobby Lobby coupon. I walked in and asked the cashier could I use my coupon and she said yes with a smile. Later, after filling my bucket full of cool stuff that Hobby Lobby doesn't have, the manager told me I could not use the internet coupon, I had to have the coupon from the newspaper. She said it asif she owned the store. I just can't stand people like that!!! What's the difference? I was so mad, I will never shop at that particular Michaels again. Have this ever happened to anyone?

11 replies
mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 3:01am
post #2 of 12

Michael's will accept any coupon EXCEPT the ones from the internet. It has happened to several people here. So sorry you had a bad experience...she probably assumed it was a 40% off one item from the paper.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 3:11am
post #3 of 12

Most stores don't seem to accept internet coupons anymore. I don't know why the internet even offers them. Most stores are afraid of copycats.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 3:24am
post #4 of 12

I'm sorry about that. icon_sad.gif Really sucks!

I'm lucky enough to be at a store that allows them. 6 of my students used them this week.

cakes4all Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes4all Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 3:32am
post #5 of 12

Yes! This totally made me mad too! I don't even get the paper, so it REALLY made me mad.

Lucky you whose stores still take them. They told me it's from coorperate and none of the stores should be taking them anymore.

Don't they know they are losing a lot of business over this?

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 3:42am
post #6 of 12

If you are near Joann Fabrics they will take the internet ones! I have used them there several times.

crafty01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crafty01 Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 3:51am
post #7 of 12

The Michaels by me accepts the coupons I get from Hobby Lobby thru emails. But only 1 per day.

sarzoemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarzoemom Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 3:52am
post #8 of 12

There must be something in the air today. I went to Michael's today and forgot my 40% off coupon. No biggie, if you tell them you forgot it they will still honor it. Or they did. The girl that ws new ( I know because I am in there at least 5 times a week) was like " That is just too bad. I can't give it to you". Then I go to Sam's to get some cake boxes and cake boards and the woman in the bakery tells me she can't sell them to me. I told her I had bought them there before and she tells me she is too busy to argue and walks away. What is with people!

crafty01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crafty01 Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 4:02am
post #9 of 12

On the subject of coupons though. Hobby Lobby by me said 1 coupon 1 item per day but another HL further away honored it for multiple items on 1 coupon. My store said corporate sent emails to all their stores saying only 1 and per day. UGH....

AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 4:14am
post #10 of 12

The Michael's near me will not accept Internet coupons so I didn't even try this time. I did go to two different Hobby Lobby stores and I got as much Wilton stuff as I wanted at 50% off with a coupon. I stocked up. It was nice to be able to get more than just one item like Michael's does.

susanscakebabies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakebabies Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 4:19am
post #11 of 12

I havent' had a problem with Michaels taking the internet coupon but I didn't try the 50% off one there. They always take the 40% at the one by me. I just took my 50% off to the Hobby Lobby I usually go to b/c I know I can by as much Wilton as I like with that. They are nicer there too. I do like Michaels some things and it is a few miles closer. But I am just as happy to use Hobby Lobby. So sorry you had a bad experience, that adds to my feeling that they are just not as friendly there. I wonder why that is.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 4:57am
post #12 of 12

We have a BIG sign in our break room - making sure the cashiers DO NOT ACCEPT the internet coupons. I would bet the Michaels that do accept them are the exception, not the norm. They are very generous about giving the 40 or 50% off if you don't have your newspaper coupon though. (at least at the one I work at)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%