...get Featured In All-Time Popular Cake Photos?

Decorating By DelightsByE Updated 30 Aug 2007 , 12:01pm by springlakecake

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 2:54am
post #1 of 16

What is the criteria??

15 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 3:41am
post #2 of 16

I saw Heath say once that it is the number of saves into people's favorites. I don't know what the exact number is, but I saw one of my cakes with about 50 saves on there one time.

DelightsByE Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 3:43am
post #3 of 16

OK I kinda thought it was 100.....if one of yours had 50, I should have at least one, maybe more on there.....none at all though! icon_cry.gif

Isn't this a stupid thing for me to be upset about?? icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 3:57am
post #4 of 16

When my first cake made it there it had 44 favs... HTH, and I know, I never see my cakes there anymore, maybe there are just one too many beautiful cakes with 44+ favs! icon_rolleyes.gif

DelightsByE Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 4:00am
post #5 of 16

I have one - just one - with 79. Was kinda hoping one day it would make it, get its little 15 minutes of fame.... sigh...

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I'm a dork!

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 4:07am
post #6 of 16

Come to think of it, I never see my "50-save" cake go through there any more. But the cakes with much higher numbers seem to be going through more frequently.

I wonder if the code they are using to select them takes the top % of saved cakes? In that case, the cakes that appear on the favorites get seen by lots of people, and get added to more favorites all the time, then get rotated more often. Therefore, they're becoming much, much more seen than all the others. Am I making sense? lol. It seems like I am seeing more and more familiar cakes on the "All-Time" list.

DelightsByE Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 4:11am
post #7 of 16

That's kind of what I thought....the best cakes just keep getting better and better notariety....like an upward spiral! Doesn't give much hope to us little guys icon_sad.gif

mekaclayton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mekaclayton Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 4:25am
post #8 of 16

You know, come to think of it....I have seen some of the same cakes come through several times. I've never understood how it was decided...but I hope you get some recognition for your hard work. Don't feel bad, I've never made it there either....I'm okay with it but I completely understand where you're coming from. 79 does deserves some rotation too!! icon_biggrin.gif Hope to see you there! (and you're not a dork!) 15 minutes of fame feels good thumbs_up.gif

sewlora Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewlora Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 4:26am
post #9 of 16

I'll take bribes for adding you to my faves!! icon_wink.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 4:28am
post #10 of 16

Hang in there! There are sooo many photos for the program to choose from (I'm assuming it's random selection), it seems like it would be a miracle if you actually get the chance to SEE yours when it actually shows up. No matter how addicted to CC you are I'll just BET you do go to sleep..at some point! I definitely tend to see more pics with over 100 saves up there, but it kind of makes sense...after all, they ARE the "most saved" photos. I noticed there are at least 30 pages of pics with over 100 saves...at 50 pics per page, that's 5000 photos to choose from.

I have one cake with over 100 saves and I almost jumped out of my chair seeing it up there last night - first time ever. It's so silly to care but we can't help it, it's kind of like seeing yourself on TV! icon_smile.gif

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 4:33am
post #11 of 16

Ceshell, that is too funny, you are sooo right, it feels just like seeing yourself on TV!!!!!
If it makes you feel any better, I've seen your Zoo cake LOTS of times in the all-time popular!!!!
I have it in my favs too... love those cute little animals!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 4:42am
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefgaby

Ceshell, that is too funny, you are sooo right, it feels just like seeing yourself on TV!!!!!
If it makes you feel any better, I've seen your Zoo cake LOTS of times in the all-time popular!!!!
I have it in my favs too... love those cute little animals!

LOL!! Thanks for the heads up!

See everyone: you may have been up there and you didn't even know it! icon_smile.gif

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 4:59am
post #13 of 16

i never see any of my cakes viewed anymore either lol i dont worry much as mine aren't anywhere near the quality i see on the most often viewed lists i do appreciate the comments that do come by and i try to reply icon_smile.gif

Briarview Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briarview Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 8:19am
post #14 of 16

I have had two of my cakes shown one has had 1275 views and 146 Favourites, the other 1926 views and 159 favourites. I got a thrill as I just happened to be logged on and there they were. I think you would have to be lucky to see them as you are not on the site all the time or is there a way you can see what has appeared. Hang in there as I'm sure you will get your cakes shown too.

DelightsByE Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 12:50am
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sewlora

I'll take bribes for adding you to my faves!! icon_wink.gif

and just WHAT did you have in mind??? icon_surprised.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 12:01pm
post #16 of 16

I thought it was over 50 saves too, but you are right, now I really don't see those cakes featured anymore. Maybe it is a percentage or something. I would be interested in knowing for sure, just because this question is asked quite a bit and we are always just speculating....!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%