Sour Cream Powder Mix

Baking By veejaytx Updated 2 Aug 2005 , 5:59pm by MrsMissey

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 19 Jul 2005 , 1:56pm
post #1 of 2

Hi, more info on the Sour Cream Powder Mix from www.barryfarm.com.
I saw it on the website last week when I was ordering some things, but wasn't sure what it is and how to use it, so I emailed and got this reply:

"You can mix as much as you want or as little as you want. Instructions are on the bag....however, we made a slight goof...don't keep it in the frig long...use it within 24 hours or so or use more liquid to powder. We are revising the label but haven't done it yet."

I don't know about you all, but this sounds great to me, I am forever letting my sour cream expire before I can use it all, so I'm going to get some of this, a 1 lb bag is $4.75.

They also have buttermilk powder, 1 lb for $5.25. This is a website with a lot of products you won't find just everywhere (glutten free flour, mixes, , nuts, jellies and jams, etc.) and shipping is $6.95 whatever the size of your order. Janice

1 reply
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 2 Aug 2005 , 5:59pm
post #2 of 2

Very interesting! I have used the powdered buttermilk, it is great when I am in a bind but have never heard of powdered sour cream. Let me know what you think of it...I think that would be great to have on hand as well!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%