Cake Balls???

Decorating By vickymacd Updated 29 Aug 2007 , 5:45am by GI

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 5

There are so many recipes on CC for these, but the big difference seem to be either 'sw.con.milk' or 'other ingredients'.
One seems simple, one requires more ingredients. Both simple, just more involved.
Which does everyone prefer?

4 replies
mommabuda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabuda Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 6:19pm
post #2 of 5

I'm curious on this as well... I end up throwing so much cake away, it's getting sickening... I'd like to try these... they were a huge hit for awhile and now it seems they kinda died off...

WarEagle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WarEagle Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 9:57pm
post #3 of 5

I'm not as experienced as these other fantastic people here, but I made some last week using leftover WASC cake and made 3 types of cake balls. For the first, I added a little buttercream with orange flavoring and orange food coloring. The second was made with seedless raspberry jelly and a little red food coloring. The third I added cocoa to a little buttercream. I covered them in either dark or white chocolate, and drizzled the opposite color chocolate on the tops of them. They turned out great, and I wound up selling 3 dozen to a friend who was hosting a tea on Sunday. She said everyone raved about how good they all were.

I haven't tried the sweetened condensed milk yet.

ribbitfroggie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ribbitfroggie Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 5:22am
post #4 of 5

I think the key to cake balls is just to experiment with different flavors. I make tons of different flavors, and try to cover then in something different. Here's the cake balls I have on hand right now:
-carrot cake mixed with cream cheese frosting covered in white chocolate
-chocolate cake mixed with espresso flavoring and caramel syrup covered in dark chocolate....I call this a carmel mochiatto.
-white cake with white chocolate raspberry creamer covered in white chocolate.
-banana cake mixed with whipped cream icing covered in white chocolate.

These are just samples, I also like to cover in sugar, cocoa, jimmies, etc. HTH!

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 5:45am
post #5 of 5

Thanks guys for this, also. I tried CB just once and they were just nasty & I threw them out. 'Course, I don't have much for leftover cake scraps. So perhaps I'll give this a whirl again & perhaps dress up the outside using candy melts, too, for deco. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%