Christmas Cakes

Decorating By cakefairy18 Updated 29 Oct 2006 , 11:06am by ChristaPaloma

cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 10:34pm
post #1 of 12

So...i had the bright idea of suggesting I make a Cristmas cake for our district party at work....they exstimate that 350-400ppl will attend...

Since this is going to be a great opportunity to advertise, I want to make it fancy and like a showpeice kinda thing....

my idea is 3-4 tiers and then the top tier done with the ball pan covered in fondant to look like a globe....my only dilemma is i dont know how i would decorate the other tiers...

anyone have ideas/suggestions/pics????

THANKS!!

11 replies
cakefairy18 Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 11:16pm
post #2 of 12

bump...

janbabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janbabe Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 7:34am
post #3 of 12

How about the bottom tier you could do a ice skating scene, with little penquins on, the next tier Santa with sleigh & reindeer & pressies, next tier little figures singing carols round a christmas tree and with your globe on top, maybe you could fix a big star just above that.

Of course depends on if the cake is stacked or tiered and how you are with doing little figures but hope you get the idea.....

cheers
jan x

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 7:57am
post #4 of 12

I agree with different winter or christmas themes. I also don't know how you are going to display these?? What is the business you are in?? That can be a way to do your choice of cakes also. I am not sure what you need.

cakefairy18 Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 12:14pm
post #5 of 12

i'm in the cake business...lol

i want it to be 3-4 tiers with each tier totally different to represent winter/christmas, but it has to flow...

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 8:10pm
post #6 of 12

what about having little elves on each layer making different things......one layer could be elves making cookies....one making cakes.......one making cupcakes......one making candies.....etc.

cakefairy18 Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 9:56pm
post #7 of 12

hmmm...good idea...

anything else out there??

janbabe Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 8:04am
post #8 of 12

Or could have santa and his helpers getting ready for Christmas - maybe bottom tier his workshop with presents being made, next tier presents/toys completed and top tier Santa filling his sleigh ready to go around the world delvering!!

Could have a 'helper' on the edge of the tier with a tub or basket hanging over the edge bringing up the toys ready for the next stage - or little stairs running from tier to tier..

maybe i'm getting too complicated with detail but hope gives you some ideas....

cheers
Jan x

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 9:27am
post #9 of 12

janbabe I think your idea sounds so cool. can I borrow that idae if I get the opportunity to use it. I think that is a real cool idea for kids especially thumbs_up.gif Our family usually has a HUGE get together and I think the kids would love it icon_lol.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 9:35am
post #10 of 12

janbabe, i love that idea too! i would like to borrow that one too...if you don't mind, that is.

hopefully, i'll have enough oomph to do it.

Jeanne

janbabe Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 10:53am
post #11 of 12

Of course I don't mind - that is what this forum is all about sharing ideas and helping out where we can... icon_biggrin.gif

cheers Jan x

ChristaPaloma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristaPaloma Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 11:06am
post #12 of 12

Can you explain what the significance of the globe is to you on this cake...of it is "Christmas around the world" ? or something??

That might help get the idea of what the tiers should be.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%