Problems With My Ka Mixer!

Decorating By cakerlady Updated 27 Oct 2006 , 2:23am by cakeatopia

cakerlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerlady Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 8:36pm
post #1 of 5

I have KA Professional 600 mixer that I bought about one year ago. Lately the slide speed adjustment has been a little cranky icon_sad.gif Wouldn't you know it would happen just as the holidays are approaching. Anyone else had this problem? I will have to go searching for the warranty. Do you know if KA repairs require shipping the mixer back to them? I still have my old KA so I can get by but I hate to be apart from my "baby."

4 replies
msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 10:25pm
post #2 of 5

Yes I think you either ship back to them or take to an authorized repair place... I bought mine as a refurbished model so there is no warrenty BUT exactly the same thing happened so my hubby took it apart and saw where it was hitting so he just adjusted the part that was hitting works great now only took a few minutes and was very easy...

I hate the beater.... my small one the beater is coated in white plastic now it did break down in one spot after 20 years but I rplaced it but this one is not coated and not stainless steel and at first colored the frosting grey...... I have to be very careful to not let it soak in water or it will do that..... weird.

Meg

roosterroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roosterroses Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 12:38am
post #3 of 5

Hi,

I had a warranty issue with a KA mixer a while back.... after telling customer service what was wrong (the person actually listened to the mixer over the phone and knew exactly what was wrong - a bearing went) and finding out that the closest refurbishing place was an hour and a half away from me, they told me they would send me a new mixer UPS, then I would have a couple of days to put my old mixer in the box that the new one came in and then UPS would pick it up..... that's exactly what happened!! I was soooooooo happy with their customer service!!

Hope you have as good an experience!

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 2:15am
post #4 of 5

Mine did the same thing and my husband took the cover off and found that a piece was slid back and it was not allowing it to shut off all of the way. He was able to push the part back and it works again. If you or someone can take the top off move the switch back and forth and you will see where it is hanging up.

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 2:23am
post #5 of 5

I found the KA Customer Service was GREAT! If it is under a year, they will(or they did with mine)sned you a new one FREE. They send the new one and then you put the old one in their box and have it picked up. The UPS people left it in the rain--even though there was a note to take it across the street--and I did not want to take a chance so they send another one!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%