Caribbean Decorator's?

Decorating By angienajjar Updated 18 Nov 2006 , 5:18am by playingwithsugar

angienajjar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angienajjar Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 17

Posted this before - no response - hope I am not the only Caribbean Decorator on CC!!!!
Would love to communicate with other Caribbean Decorators....
e-mail: [email protected] post on CC

16 replies
tarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheel Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 12:30am
post #2 of 17

I'm not a Caribbean but I lived in Trinidad for a year. I loved it. For the most part I lived in Sangre Grande but throughout the year travelled all over the island and to Tobago.

I miss my Trinidad friends and I miss eating "doubles".

donnajf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnajf Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 1:04am
post #3 of 17

I'm from Trini living in the cold (most of my life)! My mother lives in Barataria - the family is from Couva which I LOVE LOVE LOVE!
I was home this past june. Miss it! why?
Doubles for tea breakfast and dinner! Love it!

Sweet- this is very nice... thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

WOW! I'm impressed! THanx for the post!

THanx CC.

mariecar6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariecar6 Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 3:56am
post #4 of 17

Hi! My name's Marie and I'm from the beautiful Caribbean island of ---Puerto Rico!!

That was my pageant voice. I just felt I had to announce myself that way! This is the first time I see your post. Actually, I've been on CC for a few months now, but I feel that it's not enough. There are still things that I don't know how to do, I still haven't uploaded pics and I never seem to have enough time to do all that I want! All this from an already confirmed addict!

See you around, neighbor!

Marie

trini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trini Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 10:05am
post #5 of 17

hi iam also from trinidad i also miss hot doubles icon_cry.gif but i am happy you are here icon_biggrin.gif

SugarBakers05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakers05 Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 5:18pm
post #6 of 17

Hi, hello! I am not from the Caribbean per se, but my parents are, and my spouse is from Trinidad, so that makes me Caribbean by proxy icon_lol.gif
Nice to see there are a few fellow West Indians on board. I am new to CC, but totally addicted!

donnajf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnajf Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 5:27pm
post #7 of 17

Welcome!
It's a fun place icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif Just like SWEET Trini - icon_cool.gif

kisha311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kisha311 Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 5:34pm
post #8 of 17

I too am from Trini, Cocoyea in San Fernando to be exact. I just went home in September for a few days, and am longing to go back!

The hot doubles for breakfast and Eat it! for lunch, nothing like it! I grew up here in the States though. I was born there and visit as frequently as my bank account allows!

annamata Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annamata Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 5:47pm
post #9 of 17

Bienvenidas a Cake Central. I was born in New Jersey my parents are from La Isla del Encanto (Puerto Rico).. Agian...Welcome

jelligirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jelligirl Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 5:49pm
post #10 of 17

hi there! my grandfather is from jamaica....can i get in on this as well icon_biggrin.gif

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 5:58pm
post #11 of 17

Hello, there. I am from the Caribbean as well, Puerto Rico, but have been living in Florida for a long time.

But here I am..... Caribbean still... icon_smile.gif

tarheel Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 6:55pm
post #12 of 17

Can any of you natives make doubles and have a good recipe to share?

I can not tell you how many I ate during the year I lived in Trinidad. My native friends would tell me don't buy from here or don't buy from there you're liable to get sick...but I bought wherever I could get doubles...never got sick....loved those things. I tried once to make them here but didn't have a recipe and they didn't taste anything like the ones in Trinidad!

kisha311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kisha311 Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 7:08pm
post #13 of 17

have you tried going to a caribbean store? I know that they sell the mixes, i've made the pholourie before and it was good. I don't have a recipe right now, but I could check when I get home. I have a Trini cookbook that my mom bought for me from her old secondary school there. it is a GREAT book and has recipes for everything in it!

tarheel Posted 18 Nov 2006 , 1:42am
post #14 of 17

When I go to one of the cities I'll have to look for a specialized store. I live out in the country...about an hour from speciality grocery stores. That's a good idea to check there!

Is your cookbook pink, by chance?

esskaym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
esskaym Posted 18 Nov 2006 , 1:55am
post #15 of 17

Hi, I'm Sandra from Barbados.

I posted a message last week asking about a Caribbean Cake club. Wouldnt be cool if we could all meet up maybe once a year?

Anyone else from Bim?

megankennedy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megankennedy Posted 18 Nov 2006 , 5:11am
post #16 of 17

Hey guys, just wondering...what are doubles? Whatever it is it sure seems quite delicious. icon_biggrin.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 18 Nov 2006 , 5:18am
post #17 of 17

Yes, please tell us what is doubles, what is Eat It, and would you like my address to send me the leftovers? I love Caribbean food, as long as you keep the Scotch Bonnets out. I just can't do them anymore - old age, you know.

Let's hear it for Black Cake -- Yayyyy!!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%