Champange?

Decorating By tnuty Updated 27 Aug 2007 , 7:15pm by tnuty

tnuty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnuty Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 4:13pm
post #1 of 9

Does anyone know how to achieve the color champange? what does that color even look like all I keep going back to is ivory but I know that is not it... I have a bride that wants a champange colored cake please help.

8 replies
wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 4:16pm
post #2 of 9

I think a lot of people think of champagne as a lot of different colors.....sometimes I think of champagne as a fleshy taupe color...not dark .... and I even heard someone it has a slight pink undertone to it....Hoping someone more color qualified answers icon_smile.gif

Sorry not to be so much help icon_sad.gif

tnuty Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 4:19pm
post #3 of 9

she wants it to match her dress maybe I will just try to get a swatch of her dress. I thought maybe there was a color out there that I wasnt aware of ..

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 4:19pm
post #4 of 9

Is her dress champagne or anything else in her wedding this color? I would ask for a color sample so there's no doubt in what she wants because I think it also varies greatly. Good luck!

stellaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stellaz Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 4:21pm
post #5 of 9

Americolor makes a champagne color. Not sure if it will match her dress but it is made.

PaulaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PaulaT Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 4:22pm
post #6 of 9

Your question is interesting because I just did a wedding shower cake this past weekend that was supposed to resemble the bride's colors of champagne and black so I went with the ivory and black. If you look at a glass of champagne it is somewhat like a light gold color or ivory color. I used 3 different shades of ivory and used luster dust on my border. The shower organizer said everyone was impressed. I haven't seen pics from the shower yet but was told there were balloons in those colors as well. I am interested as well in everyone's feedback on this subject. icon_cool.gif

tnuty Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 5:22pm
post #7 of 9

I couldnt find the champange color on americolor am I looking in the wrong spot?

stellaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stellaz Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 6:07pm
post #8 of 9

It was at my local store on Saturday. I remember looking at it thinking, hmm, this must be new.......

tnuty Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 7:15pm
post #9 of 9

I was on the americolor site and it is not listed, maybe they havent updated thier website yet.. Ill keep looking

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%