Black Piping On White W/ No Bleeding?

Business By arosstx Updated 27 Aug 2007 , 10:54pm by kelleym

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 4

How the heck do ya'll do it? I have to do cakes for different people that are iced white w/ black scrollwork on one, and figures outlined in black on another. I usually refrigerate my cakes once complete, and one HAS to be in the frig because of the cream cheese filling. I'm afraid that the black will feather or bleed onto the white.

HELP!!!

3 replies
Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 5:27pm
post #2 of 4

I've never had black icing bleed. Start with chocolate icing and then you won't have to add so much black coloring.

CelebrationsbyLori Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationsbyLori Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 10:25pm
post #3 of 4

Do you use Wilton Black paste? I could never keep it from bleeding. I switched to Americolor Super Black I've never had that problem since! I use those exclusively now! Not only are the squeeze bottles less messy, they are a much better product!
-Lori

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 10:54pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you for posting this question - I have a wedding cake, white with black scrolls all over, on Sunday, and I was worried about bleeding and feathering, too. I use Americolor. I was planning on doing the piping as close to delivery time as possible to minimize it. It's good to hear the Americolor won't do it as much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%