I'm Panicking!

Decorating By vpaz24 Updated 26 Oct 2006 , 9:13pm by chocomama

vpaz24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vpaz24 Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 11:04pm
post #1 of 11

I showed one of my girlfriends here at work the cake I did for another friends babyshower. She, unknown to me, emailed it around here at work. One of the girls came to me today to ask if I she could order a cake from me for her cousin's babyshower. Before I knew what I was saying, I said yes. What the heck!!! LOL When she left I though, what did I just do? I feel like I am so far from being good enough to do a cake outside of family. My DH is so great, he was like, you can do this!! So, the theme is puppies. Does anyone have any suggestions? I feel like it has to be something simple or I'll mess it up..YIKES!!!!

10 replies
mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 11:08pm
post #2 of 11

Simple....can you spell something out with puppy paw prints??

Or maybe just have paw prints around the sides of the cake?

Sorry, that's all I got, lol.

But, good luck!

nichi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nichi Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 11:09pm
post #3 of 11

Have faith you can do it! icon_biggrin.gif

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 11:11pm
post #4 of 11

Your cakes are perfect !! so what are you panicking about ? :roll:

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 11:11pm
post #5 of 11

I think the pawprint idea is cute! Have faith in yourself and your abilities! You'll do fine!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 11:13pm
post #6 of 11

You can do it!!

Puppies, hmmm, look and see if you can find a cute puppy graphic or coloring book page. You can always do a fbtc, color flow piece or chocolate transfer.

rsaun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rsaun Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 11:16pm
post #7 of 11

When someone asks me for something I'm not sure I can draw, I resort to cookie cutters, make an imprint on my buttercream, and then trace around it and/or fill it in. You could do a dog silhouette as well as a dog bone, in pastel colors. I also like the paw print idea. Also, if you're into the character pans, Wilton's animal crackers pan is a cute dog/puppy. Do that as your main cake, and do matching cupcakes with paw prints. I hope it goes well and be sure to let us see what you do.

christy_ob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christy_ob Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 11:19pm
post #8 of 11

Have you tried doing a search for puppies in the gallery? There are some cute examples. You'll do great, just take your time and enjoy it. If its not fun we shouldn't be doing it yeah? Good luck!

jdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelectables Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 11:28pm
post #9 of 11

I just did cupcakes with puppies on them. They were chocolate transfers. It was for a baby shower. I got the idea from NEWTODECORATING.
LL

vpaz24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vpaz24 Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 11:56pm
post #10 of 11

Those cupcakes are adorable!! Thank you everyone for all of your ideas. I'm going to think about all of them and see what I can come up with. Thank you for the confidence as well. It's nice to be reassured by other people who actually make cakes as well. icon_smile.gif

chocomama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocomama Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 9:13pm
post #11 of 11

My daughter's bday theme this year was dogs so I searched the gallery here for ideas. There's one under Birthdays that has different colored paw prints all over it and it's really cute. You could do pink and blue prints, maybe?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%