Need Help With A Dolphin Cake

Decorating By CherylAnn Updated 27 Aug 2007 , 1:14am by sshoshie

CherylAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherylAnn Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 5

My niece wants me to make her a birthday cake for her 15th birthday... The cake has to be done tonight. (just found out she wanted it today for tomorrow afternoon.... I have never worked with fondant so it must be bc. I would love to do a fbct of a dolphin but I want it to look...nice for a 15 yr old and I have not a clue how to get the .... look that she would like any and all help and ideas greatly appreciated.

4 replies
CherylAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherylAnn Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 12:59am
post #2 of 5

Bumping myself cuz im desperate lol... someone must have a simple idea some place

Erlyns_Treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erlyns_Treats Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 1:03am
post #3 of 5

what look did she want? Did she want the dolphins jumping out of water?
You can trace a doplhin outline with sugar cookie and stick lolipop sticks in them to stand up and do an ocean theme or do the same with fondant outlines but those would have to dry before you can stick them up.HTH

Erlyns_Treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erlyns_Treats Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 1:08am
post #4 of 5

there are also some beautiful pics in the gallery that might help with some ideas...
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=dolphins

sshoshie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sshoshie Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 1:14am
post #5 of 5

In my pictures I have a cake I carved out of a 11x15 of a dolphin. I don't know if it's "old" enough but I thought it may help.......Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%