Pumpkin Cake Help!!

Decorating By MyraNC Updated 25 Oct 2006 , 8:03pm by GeminiKim

MyraNC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyraNC Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 6:36pm
post #1 of 7

I have been asked to make a cake for a cake walk at my friend's chuch fall festival. I'm planning on making a pumpkin or spice layer and I am going to attempt BC using pumpkin flavored creamer. I didn't have good luck with crusting cream cheese BC, that's why I don't think I will use that. Do you think a cream cheese filling or icing in the middle will be to many flavors, or do you think it will be a good combination??? Thanks in advance for any help, input, or ideas.[/quote]

6 replies
GeminiKim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiKim Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 6:40pm
post #2 of 7

What about a pumpkin cake with Maple frosting or Cream Cheese frosting or maybe even cinnamon frosting

Marissaisabel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marissaisabel Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 7

I usually make a pumkin or spice cake with cream cheese frosting filling. It's one of my popular cakes in the winter. I usually frost it with the same frosting I used for the filling. I do like your creamer idea. Perhaps try a small batch to see if you like it. I think I'll give your idea a try this weekend icon_biggrin.gif LOL and also thanks for the flavor idea.

mxpark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mxpark Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 6:42pm
post #4 of 7

no it sounds yummy to me!!! icon_biggrin.gif i love pumpkin rolls which is like a pumpkin bread with cream cheese filling. sooo yummy!!! icon_lol.gif i was actually just thinking of experimenting with a pumpkin cake myself and i just made some cream cheese icing last night for a cake that's due today so i think i might have some left over to use. oooh...now i'm going to have this craving. icon_surprised.gif

sweetlybaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlybaked Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 6:43pm
post #5 of 7

Mmmm, cinnamon icing. That sounds so good! Is there a recipe for that somewhere on here?

mxpark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mxpark Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 6:57pm
post #6 of 7

idk but here's an awesome one from cmd:

8 tablespoons (1 stick) of butter, room temp.
3 3/4 cups fo powdered sugar
3 - 4 tablespoons of milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

cream butter. mix in milk, vanilla, cinnamon. then slowly mix in sugar.

i use it with a mexican chocolate cake or a chocolate kahlua cake and its my most requested. yummy!

GeminiKim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiKim Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 8:03pm
post #7 of 7

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%