New Mix From Betty Crocker

Decorating By Gingoodies Updated 27 Aug 2007 , 9:03pm by UGoCakes

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 5:05pm
post #1 of 12

its for CUPCAKES!!!!!!! icon_surprised.gificon_confused.gif Now I know that not EVERY recipe is good for cupcakes... but... I am so tempted to buy one and see if it is really different. I only saw this yesterday in my local Shop Rite. Has anyone seen/tried it yet?

11 replies
FrostinGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostinGal Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 1:13am
post #2 of 12

We saw them at Target a month or so ago. The ingredients look the same as cake mix. The marketers are getting a bonus this year! Sell 1/2 the cake mix for twice the cost! icon_rolleyes.gif

HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 1:25am
post #3 of 12

That's incredibly dumb. They're just catering to ignorant consumers who will now think the only way they can make cupcakes is with a "cupcake mix." Are you serious that it costs more? icon_eek.gif

FrostinGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostinGal Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 2:53am
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyPJ

That's incredibly dumb. They're just catering to ignorant consumers who will now think the only way they can make cupcakes is with a "cupcake mix." Are you serious that it costs more? icon_eek.gif

Regular cake mix, which makes 24 cupcakes, was 99 cents. The cupcake mix, which makes 12, was on sale for 1.89.

Sandi4tpc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandi4tpc Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 3:26am
post #5 of 12

That's frickin crazy!!! Gee, I'm curious to see these at my store.... icon_confused.gificon_surprised.gificon_confused.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 4:02am
post #6 of 12

Help me out ..... when I was a kid, a cake mix made a cake or it made cupcakes and it never crossed anyone's mind that you needed a "special" recipe for cupcakes. Is that true? I know I sound really stupid on this, but do you really need a "special" recipe/mix for cupcakes? Please educate me! icon_confused.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyPJ

That's incredibly dumb. They're just catering to ignorant consumers who will now think the only way they can make cupcakes is with a "cupcake mix." ...

This is a big NO KIDDING! Quite some time ago, one of the paper towel mfgr's came out with a commercial for paper towels "specially designed" for the microwave. Pretty much, they were just a little thicker and would absorb the steam from the foods. And of course they were really pricey. I had a relative, living on Social Security, who thought she HAD to use those towels because these were MADE for the microwave. She thought the others might catch fire or something!

As I said in another post earlier today: In the words of P.T. Barnum ... "Never overestimate the intelligence of the public."

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 12:13pm
post #7 of 12

I am glad I didn't buy this. I was in a hurry and did not take the time to read the back of the box. Didn't know it only made 12 cupcakes!! Companies will try to cash in on anything these days.

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 6:22pm
post #8 of 12

I saw these at a local grocery store just a couple days ago and literally laughed out loud! The box is only 9oz if I remember right and was $1.50 at that store. But you know darn well that people will buy it thinking it's just perfect for cupcakes. DUH!

KimAZ

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 7:08pm
post #9 of 12

dunce.gifdunce.gifdunce.gif Oh Betty Crocker! Bad girl!

ROFLMAO

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 8:44pm
post #10 of 12

Un.Freaking.Believable.

Anything to increase profits I guess... icon_rolleyes.gif

sisita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sisita Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 9:02pm
post #11 of 12

I use always regular cake mix for my cupcakes, and I like it.... Sometimes I change something in the recipe, but for me works great.... I put some nutmeg, a little bit less milk, and some cinnamon....

UGoCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UGoCakes Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 9:03pm
post #12 of 12

just when you think you've seen it all!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%