Diamond Pattern On Side Of Cake?

Decorating By abed Updated 27 Aug 2007 , 2:42pm by kerri729

abed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abed Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 1:06pm
post #1 of 9

I want to use diamond pattern on the sides of a cake with fondant, do I press it on the cake or before? And if before, how do you put it on with the top being flat (no diamond pattern)? help!!

8 replies
cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 4:11pm
post #2 of 9

I think you can do it while it's on the cake. Others I'm sure have done it before but if I did that I would definately stretch the fondant out of shape just putting it on the cake even with a rolling pin of sorts. I would go with trying it on the cake.

Good luck!

Amy

paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 4:28pm
post #3 of 9

You put the pattern right after you cover tha cake, if you do it befor the fondant streches and the pattern looses it's shape.
Don't wait or the fondant will dry and you wont be able to imprinted.

Amy...4 days...are you having a come back party?

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 4:44pm
post #4 of 9

Oh you betcha! Saturday we are having a BBQ at our Aunt and Uncles cabin home on Hood Canal. It will be weird considering my DH will have just the day before gone through there on the boat.

I have got to get a diamond pattern. I have always loved that design but haven't been brave enough to try it.

Amy

sbcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sbcakes Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 6:55pm
post #5 of 9

I use the impression mats that I bought off earlene's website. They work well and they weren't very expensive at all to buy!

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 7:08pm
post #6 of 9

In regaurds to doing the pattern on BC: How do you get it to not stick? I just bought the impression mat. I am assuming that I just push it gently against the cake and then kinda roll it along the side, pick up, line up the pattern and press again. Is this right? Any tips or hints? I am making a special cake for my mom and I really want it to look great!

Thanks,
Stephanie

campinsp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
campinsp Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 7:08pm
post #7 of 9

sbcakes. Where do I find the impression mats on Earlene's website. Do you have a link

sbcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sbcakes Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 12:16pm
post #8 of 9

Here is the link:
http://www.earlenescakes.com/store/impression_tools.html
In regards to using them on BC-just make sure that it is well crusted. Gently press on cake. Try not to roll around too much or you will mess up your icing. HTH!

kerri729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerri729 Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 2:42pm
post #9 of 9

smbegg...........also, you can dust a tiny bit of ps onto the mat, and then press gently into the crusted BC.........

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%