Help!!!! Handy Manny Cake???

Decorating By shannan6607 Updated 26 Aug 2007 , 2:00pm by shannan6607

shannan6607 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannan6607 Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 2:50am
post #1 of 4

OK, so I did a big no no. A repeat customer called me and ordered a toolbox cake. I missed the part where she said "like Handy Manny's". I'm thinking a big red box with Craftsman written on it and a handle. Well, later I realized that she said Handy Manny and I looked him up. Ouch!

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could make this cake???? HELP!!!! icon_cry.gif

3 replies
bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 8:31am
post #2 of 4

You could do an FBCT of the toolbox on a sheet cake or if you want 3D, do the box part as cake & make the tools out of gumpaste or candy? ???

Jennifer9800 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer9800 Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 8:56am
post #3 of 4

icon_biggrin.gif I would make the 3D tool box. Not sure of the servings u need but i'd take a sheet cake and cut it in half and stack it on top of its other half. U could use gumpaste for the triangular sides and u could make a posterboard tube for the handle coveredin fondant to match so it's light. Then u can make tools out of fondant/gumpaste. If time is short just make the tools 2D or from the edible images so u have their faces and adhere that to dried gumpaste so they stand up nice and tall for the bday kid! Hope this all makes sense.icon_confused.gif

shannan6607 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannan6607 Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 2:00pm
post #4 of 4

I am definately doing the 3-d cake. I was wondering how I should do the sides holding the handle. I am going to make the tools out of fondant. Just not sure what would hold the handle securely. I have never used rice krispy treats, what do y'all think? Would they ice well and blend in with the rest of the cake?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%