Please Help...using Fresh Fruit In Filling

Decorating By flavacakes Updated 26 Aug 2007 , 9:04am by leah_s

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 1:17pm
post #1 of 8

For example...if I want to use fresh whole raspberries layed on top of a layer of buttercream for my filling, will it last for the next day or would it have to be served that day?

7 replies
flavacakes Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 4:30pm
post #2 of 8

Anyone???? It's for today.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 5:52pm
post #3 of 8

Well, I just wouldn't do it at all. Raspberries are awful fragile and start to get "slimy" pretty quick. I think besides being a bit unappetizing, it could make your layers slide apart. I'd serve the raspberries along side the piece of cake.

But that's just me.

flavacakes Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 7:10pm
post #4 of 8

Oh noooooo!!!! Really?!?! What a bummer! Is there such thing as a raspberry curd? I really want to make it raspberry but I can't refrigerate it.

leah_s Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 7:37pm
post #5 of 8

I make a yummy raspberry filling with 1 part sleeved raspberry filling and 2 parts of my whipped bc. It's a meringue bc. All my customers think its mousse. I don't correct them. I sell a lot of it.

neni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neni Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 8:44pm
post #6 of 8

I've put in fresh raspberries with no problem. I do a thin layer of buttercream, place the fruit on top then some more buttercream. I have had it last up to 3 days with no problems

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 1:09am
post #7 of 8

I agree with neni. I've used raspberries laered with white chocolate mousse. It's delish!

leah_s Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 9:04am
post #8 of 8

did you need to refrigerate it?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%