Is This A Good Deal For A Kitchenaid 600?

Decorating By mamakau Updated 25 Oct 2006 , 6:27pm by msmeg

mamakau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamakau Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 16

Amazon is selling the 6 quart KitchenAid for $284 plus free s/h. Is this a good deal?

15 replies
CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 7:03pm
post #2 of 16

Yes, that sounds like a pretty good deal...that is the big one with the lever lift bowl, right?

patton78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patton78 Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 7:09pm
post #3 of 16

Yes, this is a great deal!

mamakau Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 7:11pm
post #4 of 16

Yeah, the pro 600 series. But now I'm really sad, because I called my husband to tell him about the great deal, and he told me to wait...not to order it now icon_cry.gif I don't want to miss out on this deal, but don't want to upset my husband by ordering it anyway. I'm guessing he wants to get me a mixer for Christmas, and that's why he wants me to wait. oh well, can someone pass me a tissue? icon_cry.gif

jtb94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jtb94 Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 7:12pm
post #5 of 16

sounds like a good deal to me

morphis1208 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morphis1208 Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 7:19pm
post #6 of 16

I know how you feel. I think that's what I'm getting for Chirstmas to...only if my husband picks it out I know it won't be the one I want. I want the big mama jama with more watts and I just have a feeling he'll opt for the cheaper one icon_sad.gif Find out how long amazon is having their sale and let him know. It really is a good deal. I'm gonna show my husband when he gets home. icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck!

mamakau Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 7:22pm
post #7 of 16

yeah, I think i've drilled it into his mind how much I want the 6 quart. I have a 5 quart already, but you can't turn it off (only by unplugging it), and the motor sounds like it's dying. The thing I'm worried about is he's going to spend way more $$ on it than he needs to.....

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 7:24pm
post #8 of 16

Where did you find it? I cannot find any that price on Amazon.

Stephanie

jaminic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaminic Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 7:25pm
post #9 of 16

Don´t worry. Your husband surely bought and will give you for Christhmas, be patient.

mamakau Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 7:25pm
post #10 of 16

try searching for the model number: KP26M1XMR

mamakau Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 7:28pm
post #11 of 16

It's actually $309, but when you checkout, you can put in a code for $25 off, so it comes out to $284.

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 7:34pm
post #12 of 16

Thought this was funny, in searching for this mixer at this price, I found someone listing the same one for $799.00! Can you believe it?

Stephanie

sarzoemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarzoemom Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 7:43pm
post #13 of 16

$799! You can get a Hobart at that price! icon_surprised.gif

kitkatkit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitkatkit Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 7:51pm
post #14 of 16

Amazon always has these kind of sales going on. So if you miss this one no need to worry cause there will be more. I'm sure being that it is close to Christmas they will have these sales quit often.

mamakau Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 7:51pm
post #15 of 16

stephanie, were you able to find the one on sale?

msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 6:27pm
post #16 of 16

before giving up on your old one it can be rehabbed cheaply I did actually burnout the motor I know hard to do with a KA but all it needed was new brushes.... it cost me $25 but I could have easily done it myself if I had known that was the problem.... There is a place in Kansas City that does KA we took ours there to save shipping but there are several places you can ship it to.

my son recently took my grandmothers in to have it taken care of. He needs to find a whip the bowl is pointer than current bowls... but then mostly I use a paddle so he is fine for now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%