Hobby Lobby - Speak To Manager!

Decorating By MillyCakes Updated 3 Jan 2007 , 9:35pm by newlywedws

MillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MillyCakes Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 4:12am
post #1 of 23

DON'T LET THEM GIVE YOU ANY CRAP! The HL coupon is for ALL items Wilton that are not on sale. A good friend's husband runs the HL near my house and he told me that it is for ALL items!! If your cashier does not honor this or gives you attitude, ask to speak with a manager! Do this when you go in the store and then shop.

22 replies
gmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmcakes Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 3:09pm
post #2 of 23

I've never had any problems with them taking the coupon, but thanks for the info!

cakerunner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerunner Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 23

Yes, last time they had this coupon my cashier tried to give me 50% off on one item but the cashier next to her told her it was for all wilton. I was very thankful since I had a cartful!

dawnell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnell Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 3:19pm
post #4 of 23

I teach cake classes at our local HL and we have some really good cashiers. I'm so srry that happened to you!! I say if any little school age kid gives you crap diffently ask for the manager. Better that than paying full price when you don't need to and that way the manager can correct the cashier before the next person comes in to buy something.

Nyma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nyma Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 3:24pm
post #5 of 23

Went yesterday and didn't have any problem! Hopefully I'll see them again before saturday!! icon_lol.gif

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 3:25pm
post #6 of 23

Had better luck today! I walked in, the manager was there and I asked him about the coupon--yesterday the chick said the Grand opening sale around TX negated the coupon and I insisted and she finally gave me 50 off--he said no, the coupon would be honored and the sale was on MakeNMold stuff. The girl today was very nice and she asked where I got the coupon. I told her internet but Ihad an extra one and gave it to her. She was ready to load up on stuff!

southaustingirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southaustingirl Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 3:34pm
post #7 of 23

so, if I buy several non-sale Wilton items, I get 50% off ALL the items?

cakeatopia Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 3:39pm
post #8 of 23

yes southaustingirl. One coupon is supposed to take 50 off EVERYTHING. If they give you any flack let them see the coupon--it doesn't say limit 1 item like usual on their coupons. Happy shopping!

tsuitor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsuitor Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 3:49pm
post #9 of 23

Where did you find the coupon???
Taresa

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 3:53pm
post #10 of 23

I'm glad I read this post because one of my students in class last night was told by the local Hobby Lobby they could only have one item discounted 50%. I plan on going there tonight and do some shopping and I will make sure that I get ALL items at 50% off. Thanks for sharing the info!!

cakeatopia Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 3:58pm
post #11 of 23

go to hobbylobby.com and the coupn will appear.

Winnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Winnie Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 7:30pm
post #12 of 23

I used mine today at Michaels...NO PROBLEMS

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 7:39pm
post #13 of 23

I just came back from Hobby Lobby and that happened to me. She asked me which item I wanted at 50% off and I told her it was off all of them. we went back and forth a couple of minutes. she said it was only one and I said I've used it before and it was all of them. Anyway, she asked another cashier who took her side but I stood my ground. I wasn't rude but I was getting antsy (because I really had to use the bathroom). Finally she paged the manager who told her I was right. I'm glad I read the CC forums that clarified that or else I would have chickened out. icon_smile.gif

jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 7:39pm
post #14 of 23

I went today to HL and bought a few things (going back this weekend to REALLY load up) and the cashier first asked which product I wanted 1/2 off and I told her that the coupon was for ALL of Wilton and she had no problem. She did ask if the colors were Wilton, but that's it.

Winnie-You can use a HL coupon at Michaels???? I hadn't heard of that before.

ShellBell69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShellBell69 Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 7:39pm
post #15 of 23

I used mine yesterday. The first HL I went to had a rude cashier (actually ALL the employees were sour grapes) and she looked at me funny but I was quick to point out that there was no limit on it. Went to another HL same day and had NO problems. I LOVE mine in my city (not the first one I went to). I also signed up for my Wilton class 2...1/2 off for Nov. WOOHOO!

gmcakes Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 8:09pm
post #16 of 23

I used mine today in Temple, TX...no problems! If they give you any trouble, just remind them that the coupon say "50% off Wilton Products" with an "s", meaning more than 1!

The 40% off coupons always specify "any 1 product". If "only 1 product" is what was meant by the coupon, that is what they would say. HL is very specific about the wording of everything else in their ads!

cakerunner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerunner Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 8:40pm
post #17 of 23

I was told that Michaels only takes non internet coupons, will they take internet coupons?

isakov1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isakov1 Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 12:23am
post #18 of 23

I was dissapointed this weekend! I went to Ohio to visit family and they made a special trip with us to take me to Hobby lobby...get there and they wouldn't give me the 40 off on all my items....the last time i went there they did!!! I was not impressed...I didn't have the courage to ask for the manager (two cashiers told me that it only applies to one item) one of them told me that i was lucky if i got it on everything last time.... Hobby Lobby needs to either inform their employees better or change their coupons!! Oh well...maybe next time.

louie750 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louie750 Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 1:03am
post #19 of 23

This coupon that takes off ALL wilton items is separate from the 40% of coupon they have frequently right? I haven't seen this one yet, only the 40% off of one item.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 6:08am
post #20 of 23

the coupon has to specifically say 'one item' on it otherwise it is for your total wilton purchase. to make a complaint email their headquarters, you will get action that way.

GatuPR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GatuPR Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 6:32am
post #21 of 23

I too went to HL with my e-mail coupon from HL ( you get them e-mail once you register at their website ) and the cashier try to tell me it was for 1 item and I told her is for all Wilton products not on sale and she read the coupon and told me I was right. I have use this kind of coupons before without problem, do not know why the cashiers are now confused. Last weekend at Target, I gave the cashier 7 Target Coupons and I saw her scanned them all but the receipt only show 3 so I went to customer service and they gave me my money. thumbs_up.gif

gmcakes Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 2:09pm
post #22 of 23

As said before, the Wilton Coupon stated "50% off Wilton Products" (with an "s", meaning multiple). Most of the time they run a coupon that states "40% off any regular priced item" (with "item", meaning one).

newlywedws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newlywedws Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 9:35pm
post #23 of 23

I noticed this post was started sometime in 2006...is the coupon still valid in 2007?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%