Mbn Subscription

Decorating By pumpkinroses Updated 27 Aug 2007 , 9:01pm by pumpkinroses

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 1:34am
post #1 of 17

Has anybody received the most recent issue of MBN that was supposed to be mailed on the 15th? I've been having a problem with my subscription and was wondering if I should call tomorrow or wait a little longer.

TIA
Nikki

16 replies
Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 3:12am
post #2 of 17

I haven't seen one yet. Hmmm... hope I'm not missing out too! icon_wink.gif Maybe we'll give it a few days!

DiannaSue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiannaSue Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 3:20am
post #3 of 17

I have not received mine either. Can't wait til it gets here I really enjoy looking at all of the beautiful cakes.

Elizabeth19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elizabeth19 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 3:22am
post #4 of 17

Huh, I signed up for a subscription 2-3 months ago and havent gotten one yet, I completely forgot about it! Thanks for the reminder, I will have to call them!

frogleggs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frogleggs Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 3:24am
post #5 of 17

I've not received mine either. Shame on them, they know we need a cake fix icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 2:43pm
post #6 of 17

Uh-oh, we could have a full scale riot on our hands here!! Just kidding! Perhaps they are behind due to some technical difficulties! Maybe someon should check, maybe we could select a single person to send an inquiry instead of bombarding them with emails?? Do you think that might work better so that they don't get bogged down trying to answer all the email? Anyone want to volunteer??

nikisbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikisbakin Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 3:00pm
post #7 of 17

I saw that cake supply store with the latest MBN on Wednesday and I was wondering why I hadn't received mine. It has Halloween pictures on the front. I rushed home thinking it was going to be in the mailbox. Hasn't showed up, yet, so I am going to call them today! I didn't look inside the magazine because I didn't want to spoil it for myself. icon_sad.gif

boricua_mami75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boricua_mami75 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 3:16pm
post #8 of 17

What is "MBN"?

Melvira Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 3:18pm
post #9 of 17

Maybe nikisbakin would report back to us on what she hears?? That would be appreciated! Now that you say it's got Halloween stuff... I need it NOW!! Halloween is my holiday!! icon_wink.gif

You know, with a subscrition you expect it to be in your hot little hands at the very LEAST on the same day it's on newsstands. I think you should get it one or two days before even. That's very frustrating. What's the benefit of subsribing if you have to wait for it?? My problem is that I don't even know how often they are supposed to come out, so I don't know if I'm missing something. I subscribe to both MBN and ACD, does anyone have an idea for how I can track this?

Melvira Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 3:37pm
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by boricua_mami75

What is "MBN"?

MailBox News

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 5:06pm
post #11 of 17

According to thier website, this issue was shipped on Monday the 20th. Also, when wondering about where my ACD for last month was, since it was my first in the subscription, I came across this:

http://www.americancakedecorating.com/CSrvPg/delivery.htm

Quote:
Quote:

Variation In Delivery Speed for ACD and MBN Subscriptions

We include our mail dates on our Customer Care page, and at the end of each edition of our monthly e-newsletter Monthly Slice. Often our subscribers wonder why it takes 10 days for the magazine to reach a friend in Georgia, while it takes more than three weeks to arrive in their own mailbox in central Michigan.

The answer lies in the delivery procedure at the Postal Service. Magazines, such as American Cake Decorating and Mailbox News, are sent by Second Class Mail. Once wrapped and addressed, the magazines are stacked on a pallet and wheeled into our printer's in-house post office, where they are loaded onto trucks destined for the nearest central station.

At the station they are separated into pallets bound for all parts of the country. As each truck is loaded, any First-Class mail is put in first. Other classes of mail (most notably Second Class and Bulk) have a time limit that they can remain at each depot. Mail that has reached this limit goes on second. Any space remaining is filled with Second Class mail, and then Bulk mail.

This process is repeated for each station the mail passes through. As you can see, the potential for variation in delivery dates is greatit all depends upon how many stations your magazine must pass through to reach you.

Typically, it takes 710 days for a magazine mailed from our printer in New Richmond, Wis., to reach a reader in Hudson, just 15 miles away. Most readers receive their magazines within 14 days, but there are parts of the country that often require 2426 days.

By comparing the day you receive your magazine to the release date posted on our website, you can develop a good feel for when your magazine will arrive.

Hopefully it comes soon! It'll be my first look at MBN ever! icon_biggrin.gif

[/quote]

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 5:36pm
post #12 of 17

I received by MBN earlier this week. I talked to the editor at ICES, and they're hoping they've fixed the problems with shipping. This is the earliest the magazine has shown up for me since it was sold to Grace McNamara a number of years ago.

pumpkinroses Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 6:22pm
post #13 of 17

Thanks all for the input. When I subscribed I signed up for both. I then started getting 2 copies of ACD and didn't get the MBN at all. So I called and they shipped one out to me and stopped the double copies of ACD but I again had to call last time and have them ship my copy.

I'll give it a few more days and hopefully the problem is just in the mail system and not with them again.

Keep me updated on what you all find out too.

Melvira Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 7:18pm
post #14 of 17

Lanibird, thanks for that info! I will be watching my mailbox with baited breath! Those mags have become such a source of fun for me! Can't wait for it!! icon_wink.gif

Edited to add: I just found out that I should get a mag every month since I subscribe to both. That is awesome! I am glad to know what to watch for. Mail can be sporadic sometimes out here in BFE, but I'll keep watching! thumbs_up.gif

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 11:40pm
post #15 of 17

Just got mine today!

Melvira Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 12:34am
post #16 of 17

That's so funny... I was just logging on to say I got mine today!! YAY!!!

pumpkinroses Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 9:01pm
post #17 of 17

just wanted to let you all know MINE CAME TODAY!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%