Urgent!! Does Anyone Know How To Quick Thaw Coolwhip?

Decorating By Sally Updated 8 May 2017 , 8:19pm by KimmysKakes

Sally Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sally Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 1:04am
post #1 of 5

I'm fixing to make a recipe calling for thawed cool whip. I'm all ready to make it and I forgot to put ou the cool whip to thaw! Does anyone know how to quick thaw without melting it?
Thank you!!!!!

4 replies
elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 1:19am
post #2 of 5

Yup, I do it all the time. Put cool whip in microwave with the lid just laying on top. DEFROST (not cook) for about 45 seconds. Stir. It will still be frozen in the middle. Defrost again for about 45 seconds. Stir. If it is still frozen in the middle, defrost again for about 30 or so seconds. And so on until completely thawed. Just DON'T COOK IT!!! and it will be just fine.

hmarie_73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hmarie_73 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 3:23am
post #3 of 5

Not to mention that it takes about 15 minutes out on your counter if you wanted to thaw it that way...

cat1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cat1971 Posted 28 Nov 2013 , 5:15pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you for the advice!  It worked perfectly.  My grandma made a green salad, we call Polly Wolly ever year for Thanksgiving.  Now that she has passed, I have the joy of making it for our family.  This year, I forgot to put down the cool whip early.  I was near tears...my family would have been so upset, me too!  Thank you!  It taste delicious! 

KimmysKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimmysKakes Posted 8 May 2017 , 8:19pm
post #5 of 5

I know this an old post but want to say that I froze heavy whipping cream and needed it at the last minute with no time to thaw in the fridge. I put it in a bowl of lukewarm water and shook the container every 10 mins or so. I poured out the liquid that was thawed into a mixing bowl and returned the container to the lukewarm water and repeated this step as the cream thawed. There was a little bit of frozen cream at the bottom so I opened the container fully and added the ball of frozen cream to the mixing bowl. I mixed the cream as usual with a hand mixer and it came out perfectly! :-)Urgent!! Does Anyone Know How To Quick Thaw Coolwhip?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%