Nice Cake Stand - Good Find

Decorating By harmonhouseofraymond Updated 26 Aug 2007 , 4:53am by SMRturtle

harmonhouseofraymond Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harmonhouseofraymond Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 7:51pm
post #1 of 7

I was just at Big Lots and in the closeout pile of junk I found (what looks like on Ebay)
http://cgi.ebay.com/12-mirror-top-silver-cake-stand_W0QQitemZ200142775538QQihZ010QQcategoryZ102424QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It is a 12 inch round Iron - silverplated cake stand with mirror top. They had 4 or 5 of them. I only bought 1 they were $7.00.

Thought I would share. Should I go back and buy the rest?

6 replies
awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 8:06pm
post #2 of 7

That is an amazing deal! I would go buy at least one or two more so you could potentially group them together for multiple tiers/cakes or different events on the same day.

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 8:37pm
post #3 of 7

Oh man, I was just there! No such luck for me icon_cry.gif You lucky little thing!

mybestfriend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mybestfriend Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 11:45pm
post #4 of 7

So right after dinner I rushed out to my local Big Lots. How sad for me......no pretty cake stands. I would love to have one of those. Hey, maybe you can rush back to your Big Lots and buy up the supply. I'd be willing to cover cost and shipping! What a great find for you!

ibteana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibteana Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 3:40am
post #5 of 7

With my buying impluses I would buy them all!!! They would also make nice gifts for friends and faimly. Cake and plate for birthday! Im jealous of your find!!

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 2:15am
post #6 of 7

WOW! You got one heck of a deal.
I found the same thing at Burke's (a local store here) last year and they were selling for $19.95 and I thought that was a good deal so I bought 3 of them icon_lol.gif

SMRturtle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SMRturtle Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 4:53am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybestfriend

So right after dinner I rushed out to my local Big Lots. How sad for me......no pretty cake stands. I would love to have one of those. Hey, maybe you can rush back to your Big Lots and buy up the supply. I'd be willing to cover cost and shipping! What a great find for you!

Me too!!! There's no big lots near my house.. icon_cry.gif I live in the boone docks on NY (believe it or not!!!) The closest Michaels is 35 mins away from me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%