A Natural Looking Skin Color

Decorating By sable905 Updated 24 Aug 2007 , 1:01am by sable905

sable905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sable905 Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 8

For those of you who use Wilton colors, what would you say is the best one for the most natural looking skin tone (caucasian -sp?). I need to make a baby for the top of my cake and I want to make sure I use the right color.

7 replies
DCHall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DCHall Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 6:18pm
post #2 of 8

I just made a baby last night using the wilton colors. I used ivory and a very tiny amount of creamy peach.

amysue99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amysue99 Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 8

I use ivory and then add teesey bits of copper until I get the color I want.

randipanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
randipanda Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 10:29pm
post #4 of 8

I just used a little of orange a little pink and a little brown. I think. I have a tendency to just play until I come up with what I want.

Cassie1686 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cassie1686 Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 10:34pm
post #5 of 8

very little copper, and add some ivory

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 10:37pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by amysue99

I use ivory and then add teesey bits of copper until I get the color I want.

This is the exact combination that I use too; it's very natural. Just remember to start with a tiny bit of color "you can add, but not take away". icon_razz.gif ..and gumpaste/fondant gets a little lighter when it dries, while BC gets a shade deeper in color. icon_rolleyes.gif

HTH

Hollyanna70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollyanna70 Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 11:12pm
post #7 of 8

I've used ivory, brown, copper, or peach. It just depended on what I had on hand.

Just be sure to use very little at a time, then let it sit, if you have time, as it gets darker after a bit of time.

Hope this helps,

Holly

sable905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sable905 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 1:01am
post #8 of 8

Thanks for all the tips. I didn't have Ivory on hand, so I just used some peach and a little brown. It actually turned out just like I wanted it too. Maybe since my fondant was already off white (MMF), it was the perfect combination. Now, how about the 'baby' green? I'm making a baby shower cake, and she wants baby blue, green and pale yellow. It's the green that's pretty popular right now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%