Cookie Cake... How Much & How To Bake??

Decorating By divaofcakes Updated 22 Oct 2006 , 3:03pm by morphis1208

divaofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divaofcakes Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 1:38pm
post #1 of 9

I have a client who ordered a large chocolate chip cookie cake (like the ones you find in the mall). Does anyone make these? What do you charge and how do you bake it? I imagine it would be soggy if I baked it like I bake regular cookies. Help please! tHANKS!

8 replies
KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 1:59pm
post #2 of 9

Sorry but I can't tell you about the baking part. I work in a bakery and we get ours already to bake. But what I can tell you is well decorate ours with BC and sell them for $9.99. Usually, just a border and some bubble flowers or something simple. Now, that is a bakery cost so you would definitly want to charge more. HTH, K'ly

ihavasweet2th Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ihavasweet2th Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 2:04pm
post #3 of 9

I bake them in my cake pans. I've done several shapes, but generally bake round ones. Make sure to grease and flour your pan. You can use the toll house recipes on the back of the choc chip bag. I spread the batter around evenly in the pan using my angled spatula that I ice my cakes with. I bake them at 325 F. I can't remember how long as I haven't made one in awhile. I pull it out of the oven when the edge is just SLIGHTLY pulling away from the sides of the man. Now to flip it out I have two boards. I cover the one I am putting it on with my fancifoil and then the other board with foil. I carefully flip the cookie onto the board I covered with foil and then center my other board on it and flip so I have the good side of the cookie up. Hope this makes sense!! I flip it out of the pan right away, I don't let it sit and cool. After I have it on my board, I let it sit and cool before decorating. I hope this was helpful!!

~Luraleigh~

ihavasweet2th Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ihavasweet2th Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 2:08pm
post #4 of 9

OOPS!!!! I meant to say PAN!!! And I forgot to answer your price question. I usually made 14 inch cookies and charged $20-$25 depending on decoration. They are easy to make and decorate, but the ingredients can cost more than some cakes, so keep that in mind!!

~luraleigh~

Galxcbaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Galxcbaby Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 2:20pm
post #5 of 9

I work at Cookies By Design, and we make 13" pan cookies with toll house chocolate chip dough and brownie dough that cost $28.35. You can order online at their website and find a store close to you. I think they're a little expensive, but the quality is good. There are decorations to choose from or you can request your own.
I don't have much time to bake anymore, but I'm genarally a do-it-myself-er. A full pan cookie would probably take most of a typical chocolate chip recipe, so however much that normally costs for you. I think it's more a matter of priorities and time that decides it.

mawagner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mawagner Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 2:27pm
post #6 of 9

When I make them I use my regular cc cookie recipe and bake it in a pizza pan lined with foil. I bake mine at 350 for about 20 minutes. You can also bake them in the throw away foil pizza pans if you want to give it in that...then you don't ahve to worry about getting something back. I don't have any idea on the price but I hope the other info. helps.

divaofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divaofcakes Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 2:48pm
post #7 of 9

Wow! Invaluable info. Thanks everyone!

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 2:58pm
post #8 of 9

When I make mine i buy the tube of cookie dough and just press it into one of those disposable foil pizza pans. Easy!

morphis1208 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morphis1208 Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 3:03pm
post #9 of 9

Just a little hint. icon_biggrin.gif

The first time I made this I almost burnt my house down icon_surprised.gificon_redface.gif

I spread the cookie batter all the way to the edge and while cooking it overflowed onto the heating elements of the oven and caught on fire. icon_surprised.gif
I had an ordeal getting the fire out but I got it all under control. Needless to say that one didn't work out so well. So I retried and didn't spread the batter all the way to the edge just about 3/4 of an inch away and it spread out perfectly. I also lined my oven rack with aluminum foil just in case any decided to go overboard icon_biggrin.gif

I didn't grease my pizza pan at all and I let mine cool a little before flipping. I didn't have any trouble at all.

As for price depending on what decorations and who it's for I would charge $20-$25.

Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%