Anyone Out There Using Bakemark Buttercream Icing?

Decorating By Simone Updated 25 Jul 2005 , 9:47pm by betycrker

Simone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Simone Posted 16 Jul 2005 , 3:09am
post #1 of 17

I am told this is a great commercial buttercream icing and i would like to try this too, it is a more stabilized buttercream. Perhaps users can share any changes or additions they do to make the icing tastes more like homemade buttercream. Perhaps whipping cream or real butter is added?

16 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 17 Jul 2005 , 6:13am
post #2 of 17

Just pushing this to the top hoping it will be seen.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Jul 2005 , 5:31pm
post #3 of 17

By any chance do you live in Calgary ,Alberta?? There is a wholesale Bakery supply here called Bakemark.Is this the icing you are referring too??

Simone Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 12:52pm
post #4 of 17

USA here, but you can check out website www.bakemark.com, am sure bakemark is available in other parts of the world.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 4:47pm
post #5 of 17

Ah Hah!!! I'll hav to check it out!! Thanks for the link!! icon_smile.gif

Simone Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 6:40pm
post #6 of 17

not understanding why no user is replying to this question. really love to experience a good stabilized buttercream icing in my cakes...

dackn8tr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dackn8tr Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 9:53pm
post #7 of 17

i've never used that kind of icing, we always used the "Dawn's" brand whip cream (which was REALLY nice to work with!!!!!) and "Brill" buttercream icing at my bakery. another place i worked bought alot of other things from bakemark and they worked well.

Simone Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 10:45pm
post #8 of 17

dawn's and brill...can you possibly provide website? thanks for your posting

ashianadotkom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashianadotkom Posted 19 Jul 2005 , 3:51am
post #9 of 17

hey simone i went to my local cake supply store today to buy some items
out of curiosity i asked them if they sell any type of buttercream
here comes the lady with a gallon size of buttercream labeled bakemark
funny thing is after reading this post in the morning i went to the their website to see if they had a supplier in my town without any luck
i asked her if i could taste a little bit(they bake in the back of the sore)
i have to say i was really surprised it tasted really good
i enjoy making everything from scratch ....but i'll will definitely use this for example someone ordered a tres leches(i usually use whipped cream) and it's gonna sitting out for a while
it's not heavy nor too sweet
the price for a gallon was 15 dollars
they sold me 1 pint for 6 dollars

hope this was the info you were looking for

Ashiana

Simone Posted 19 Jul 2005 , 12:09pm
post #10 of 17

thanks asiana, where from girlfriend? great, you can buy in small quantities to try it out. but you need i think to add some milk or whipping cream and flavorings to make it taste more like homemade. pls keep me updated. am ordering a 25 lb from the net, unless somebody from chicago tells me i could to one bakery and buy small quantities. Calling chicago homebakers please....

and just for the record, i don't work for bakemark. i just heard about this incredible product.

Simone Posted 19 Jul 2005 , 12:11pm
post #11 of 17

any chance i can correspond to you in emails, i love to try your tres leches recipe...with whipped cream frosting...that's yummy.

dackn8tr Posted 20 Jul 2005 , 10:42pm
post #12 of 17

simone, i looked up the websites for brill and dawn's, like i said i used these when i worked at the bakery and we got big pails of these so i'm not sure if you can buy them if you're not a "business" and order a quantity. here are their addresses if you want to check them out ... www.hcbrill.com and www.dawnfoods.com. another good ready made icing (and the one i use at home) is from www.countrykitchensa.com and i really like it. it has a bit of an almondy taste to it but has complimented all the cakes i've made so far and everyone seems to like it! good luck!

Simone Posted 21 Jul 2005 , 11:54am
post #13 of 17

thanks dackn8tr, i will check it out....do you have to add some milk or flavorings?

scarlett873 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scarlett873 Posted 21 Jul 2005 , 7:18pm
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackn8tr

simone, i looked up the websites for brill and dawn's, like i said i used these when i worked at the bakery and we got big pails of these so i'm not sure if you can buy them if you're not a "business" and order a quantity. here are their addresses if you want to check them out ... www.hcbrill.com and www.dawnfoods.com. another good ready made icing (and the one i use at home) is from www.countrykitchensa.com and i really like it. it has a bit of an almondy taste to it but has complimented all the cakes i've made so far and everyone seems to like it! good luck!

I typically just make my own icing...but the recipe i've found that everyone raves about is the recipe from country kitchen!

dackn8tr Posted 22 Jul 2005 , 11:21pm
post #15 of 17

simone ... sorry for the delay, been to busy to hop online!! i have added milk to their icing once and it made it alittle creamier but usually i just use it as is. i scoop out whatever i need and mix it up for a few minutes with the mixer and that makes it fluffier and incorperates everything again. thumbs_up.gif

scarlett873 ... i wish i could make my own icing! guess i just don't have the right touch where it's conserned, i always have trouble getting it the right consistency without tasting like straight sugar. icon_cry.gif on their website country kitchens has the recipe for their icing, but it's just easier for me to use the ready made kind.

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 23 Jul 2005 , 2:46am
post #16 of 17

I bought some of the Dawn's today, just to use on my dummy cakes for practice. I live near a wholesaler that is open to the public on Fridays. (I just discovered this!) It pipes nicely, but I'll take my from-scratch-frosting over this stuff any day for taste!! icon_sad.gif Bleh. Oh well, different strokes for different folks. Good luck on your quest for the Bakemark BC!

betycrker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
betycrker Posted 25 Jul 2005 , 9:47pm
post #17 of 17

Hi Simone. I am in the process of determining which prepared icing that the shop will carry here in Chicago. Currently we carry a new 5#Wilton formula made by Lawrence Foods. It is very similar to the formula you can find at Jewels but was made specifically for Wilton. i have used Dawn Foods Icing for classes and students like it and am in the process of trying Bakemarks to determine which will be carried here at the supply shop. I am a true fan of homemade buttercream though and It would be great to get a second opinion when I do the testing. Let me know if you are interested in helping out with the tasting and anyone else in the Chicago area. lori www.cakewalkchicago.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%