3D Pumpkin Cake Question Found Picture

Decorating By notjustcake Updated 22 Oct 2006 , 3:46pm by notjustcake

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 2:27am
post #1 of 7

I want to make a pumpkin cake for the first time I find it confusing how to use two bundt cakes for this icing in the middle but that still leaves a hole, does anyone have a before icing picture of one and do you dowel?

Hi I was doing some searching and I found this picture on yahoo images it is exactly what I wanted to see

6 replies
ellepal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellepal Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 2:31am
post #2 of 7

I don't think I'd dowel it. I believe the technique for the hole problem is to stick in an icecream cone (cake style) that has been covered in green or brown icing to look like a stem. I am sure other people have methods.

roosterroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roosterroses Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 2:35am
post #3 of 7

There is one pictured on the front of the October issue of Country Living magazine. Theirs is not completely iced, just has icing drizzled around top and down sides.... they put a marzipan "stem" and leaf coming out of the center on top to fill the hole... you could form colored fondant just as well for the effect.

notjustcake Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 3:17am
post #4 of 7

thank you for your help I'm just so afraid for this cake Thanksgiving is right around the corner

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 5:40am
post #6 of 7

When I did mine I didn't worry about the hole in the middle of the cake. You don't see it until you cut into it. I used a flat bottom ice cream cone that was trimmed and iced in buttercream. I just put it in the top and 'iced' it to the cake.

As far as dowels you could if you wanted too, but I don't think you would really have any problems if you didn't.

notjustcake Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 3:46pm
post #7 of 7

thanks for you tips texassugar, i love your cake!!!!!!!! i will post a picture after thanksgiving

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%