Cake From Walmart! Look

Decorating By southernbelle Updated 2 Aug 2007 , 1:54am by brooke208

LNW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LNW Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 2:31pm
post #31 of 53

They sell those for $2.50 at my Wal-Marts. I thought they were pretty stupid looking honestly.

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 2:31pm
post #32 of 53

That little dog would be so cute sitting on top of a full-sized cake, huh? I wonder how it could be turned into a dog with less hair? Or a cat?

Those are so fun!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 3:04pm
post #33 of 53

I can see that we are going to have a plethora of cute puppy cakes on cc soon!!

mom_of_4girls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom_of_4girls Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 3:22pm
post #34 of 53

I saw them a couple weeks ago at the wal-mart here and my little girl had a fit over them.I decided I would make some out of mini cupcakes for my daughter's sixth birthday this weekend.

MillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MillyCakes Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 3:28pm
post #35 of 53

I love it! Of course - it would need to go on top of a much larger cake (that I make!)

MsAshlay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsAshlay Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 2:54am
post #36 of 53

I saw this topic a while ago, and I saw another store bought cake that is pretty creative!

http://shop.safeway.com/corporate/vons/wk43_bakery_locator.asp

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 10:19am
post #37 of 53

That's pretty cool. Looks like it takes 24 cupcakes to make that-one cake mix. Thanks for sharing!

glad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glad Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 10:58am
post #38 of 53

This is cool.... thanks for sharing.

FancyLayne23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FancyLayne23 Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 1:22pm
post #39 of 53

Those cakes are so cute. I have a maltese so I don't think I could eat one but they are adorable.

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 1:59pm
post #40 of 53

I saw this cake at the Gatlinburg Wal-Mart, I thought it was pretty cute!!! Then I looked at the other cakes and I stopped being worried!!! LOL!!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 4:15pm
post #41 of 53

Do you think that you could make the maltese one (from the link provided earlier) with 6 inch cakes instead of 8 inch?

dharmasfriend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dharmasfriend Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 4:25pm
post #42 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by denamarie

here in arkansas they charge $7.47 for a cake like that

I live in the NE corner of Arkansas and they're 2.50 at my Walmart.

SweetThistleCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetThistleCakes Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 4:36pm
post #43 of 53

Please expalin the making of this cake to me like I am a 4 year old because I cant seem to grasp the concept...

kitkatkit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitkatkit Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 4:42pm
post #44 of 53

What cakes are you talking about. I have a question you know the book that Walmart has that you see different types of cakes. Where do they get that?

SweetThistleCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetThistleCakes Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 4:52pm
post #45 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkatkit

What cakes are you talking about. I have a question you know the book that Walmart has that you see different types of cakes. Where do they get that?

The cake shown in the original post.

More than likely, they have the book that the supplier (deco Pac or whoever) enclose it with their order

Sweetpeeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetpeeps Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 4:57pm
post #46 of 53

Alright I guess I'm in kindergarten then too. Is there instructions for this cake somewhere? There's so much icing I can't tell where the cake stops and the icing starts!!! They are really cute though. My sister in law would love it. Do you think you could use the star tip to make those rosette thingys to make it look like a curly haired dog?

ljdaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljdaa Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 4:58pm
post #47 of 53

I bought one from one of the Maryland local grocery stores last year or early this year. It was about $4.50 or so, and yes, very cute (which made me want to buy it), but soooooo... much icing til' it was very hard to eat.

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 5:01pm
post #48 of 53

sooo cute! Thanks for sharing! I have a Bichon Frise - the breed is a mix between a poodle and a maltese. I don't know about cutting into this though!!!

Okay so I looked over the instructions for the bigger puppy - but how in the world are they doing it w/ little cupcakes??

I liked that halloween cupcake cake too! SOMEONE is coming up w/ very creative ideas that are easy for store bakeries to do - I always like to see what they have each season as their cupcake cakes. I've seen some really cute ideas....... now I just need to remember to take pictures of them w/ my camera phone (more discreet than using a big camera!)

ladefly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladefly Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 1:44pm
post #49 of 53

that dog is too cute.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 3:59pm
post #50 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambshack

In the Houston area they sell these cute puppies for $2.50!!!! They are only two cupcakes with a TON of frosting on them. SOmetimes they have been sitting out for so long

I was going to say, it looks like more icing than cake. (Bleck!)

Shaynamills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shaynamills Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 4:32pm
post #51 of 53

Can someone help, the links to the directions that were posted aren't working. I'd love to see it. Thank you.

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 7:10pm
post #52 of 53

The original link to make the large puppy (Maltese) cake doesn't exist anymore but justfrosting has made an even better one for us. Here's the link:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=365353&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

brooke208 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brooke208 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 1:54am
post #53 of 53

At my walmart they are 2/$6

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%