My Husband Is A Genius!!!

Decorating By cakemommy Updated 24 Oct 2006 , 5:51pm by cakemommy

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 12

Okay, so ya'll know from a previous post of mine about my back problems.......well they haven't been helped by the fact that I have a 6qt. Professional KA mixer that is neatly tucked away in the corner of my L shaped kitchen counter. Ya'll know how heavy these mixers are. It kills my back each time I have to pull it out and put is back. Well, I have been thinking lately that I need to have it on some kind of dolly with locking wheels to make it easier to move. Well I just now mentioned that to my husband and he said to put one of my flexible cutting boards underneath it!!!!!!!! icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_cool.gif I just did and low and behold, it works like a charm. Kind of like putting those "funiture movers" on the feet of your furniture to move them around on the carpet easier...same concept! See, I knew there was a reason I keep him around icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif !!!!!

Amy

11 replies
IHATEFONDANT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IHATEFONDANT Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 5:45pm
post #2 of 12

I hope you keep him around for more than that!!!! icon_twisted.gif

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 5:49pm
post #3 of 12

That's a great idea. How nice to have someone look at a problem from a different perspective and actually have a good solution. One that solves the problem and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Yes, I'd say he's a "keeper". icon_biggrin.gif

missnnaction Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missnnaction Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 5:53pm
post #4 of 12

IHATEFONDANT.. lol

Fancymcnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fancymcnancy Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 9:53pm
post #5 of 12

Tell your husband thanks from me too!! I have back problems too and I am definitely going to use that trick!

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 10:10pm
post #6 of 12

thats a good idea. does it stay still while mixing though??

cakemommy Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 2:25am
post #7 of 12

sorry for the delay in replying. Actually, I haven't tried it yet but my DH assured me that it wasn't going to move. icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif Still I haven't tried it yet so I would definately stand guard for the first few mixing minutes!

Amy

heavenscent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenscent Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 2:30am
post #8 of 12

Always nice to have a great husband around.

cakemommy Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 3:24am
post #9 of 12

Most definately!!!!!!! He helps me with most of my edible images as well as far as finding graphics! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Amy

mommykicksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommykicksbutt Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 5:02am
post #10 of 12

I agree, the man is brilliant!

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 12:08pm
post #11 of 12

I have the same deep corner counter and had the same problem. I put mine on a vinal placemat that I cut to fit underneath so you cant see it. I put the placemat upside down...slick side on counter. I slides in and out easily and yes it stays put when mixing.

cakemommy Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 5:51pm
post #12 of 12

To officially answer the sliding around question...nope, stays put!!!!!

It's so much easier on my back to do that!

Amy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%