Here's Another "how Much Would You Charge"...

Decorating By Lalana Updated 20 Oct 2006 , 7:29pm by KHalstead

Lalana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalana Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 4:59pm
post #1 of 4

I am so new at this that everything takes forever so I don't feel that it's fair to charge by hour. ( I would be as expensive as Duff!!) I don't want to come across as ripping someone off, but I certainly don't want to undercharge either. The pic isn't so good. It's a 9x13 base of chocolate fudge cake, coffin is trip choc w/dk choc ganache filling and dk choc BC, M&M is triple choc with MMF, royal hair & brows. I also added 5 black roses after my hubby took the pic. So what are the opinions on price? I live in Denver and would like to be on the higher end of pricing. (Wouldn't we all?)
Thanks guys!!
LL

3 replies
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 5:09pm
post #2 of 4

The best way to figure this out, I've been told.. Is to add up all the supplies it took to make this cake.. and times that by 3.. Let's say it took 12 dollars in ingredients, cake board and box then I would have to charge 36.

Lalana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalana Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 7:22pm
post #3 of 4

OK guys I really need your help with this. I just want to know simply based on looks and a knowledge of what it takes to decorate a cake what you would charge or what you think it would be worth. Please help me out with this! icon_cry.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 7:29pm
post #4 of 4

I would charge 45-55 dollars.........that's just for that size with the mmf accents.........not to mention the fact that those ingredients may have been pricier than just a standard yellow cake with vanilla bc

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%