Carrot Cake From Mix?

Decorating By notjustcake Updated 23 Oct 2006 , 2:27pm by Tim-n-SEMO

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 4:05pm
post #1 of 8

does anyone have a recipe for carrot cake from a mix and how to enhance it my friend wants pumpkin shaped carrot cake i bought cake mix thinking i could doctor it but didn't find a recipe does anyone have one?

7 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 4:12pm
post #2 of 8

you could just add a vanilla pudding mix (dry) and swap out the water for milk that makes it very moist and tender.........

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 4:45pm
post #3 of 8

I did one a few weeks back, thanks to CC! I used a spice cake with carrtos, rasins, and maybe one more thing added. I'll look throught he forum and send you the link, if you'd like.

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 8

I don't know how to post the link here, but if you search through the HowTo Forum, the title was Carrot Cake from a mix. Good Luck!

BakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeQueen Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 4:53pm
post #5 of 8

In addition to the mix, I use buttermilk, add 1 cup grated carrots & one 8oz can of drained crushed pineapples.

angie1118 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angie1118 Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 4:37am
post #6 of 8

Hi....on the back (or side)of the BETTY CROCKER carrot cake box it tells you how to doctor it up by adding nuts, raisins, chopped pineapple in the can, etc. The doctored up recipe is really good. I am not a huge fan of Betty Crocker( I prefer Duncan Hines) but this recipe is a winner. I unfortunately did not cut the recipe off the box or I would have printed it. maybe check their website....Anyway, I recently donated a cake for an auction to benefit Breast Cancer Awareness and used this recipe and the purchaser of the cake raved about it...she said it was way better than any bakery cake LOL!
Good Luck

Tiffysma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffysma Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 4:55am
post #7 of 8

Here's the link to the one from The Cake Mix Doctor - Carrot Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting. This is soooo good!!!

http://www.cakemixdoctor.com/recipe/pagemaker.cgi?1003346995.txt

Tim-n-SEMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tim-n-SEMO Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 2:27pm
post #8 of 8

I've done a lot of these, it was a HUGE seller when I had my restaurant.

I used a regular carrot cake mix, then added some or all of the following (depending on what I had on hand):

1 - 2 grated carrots
chopped nuts
pineapple
coconut
brown sugar (1/3 cup or so)
molasses (1-2 T)
raisins

I usually save the juice off the pineapple for the water portion of the mix.

If I had the time, I also would plump the raisins by covering them with orange juice (or even water) and microwaving for a minute or two, then let sit. If I had a brain fart and didn't save my pineapple juice, I would use the OJ drained off the raisins for my water portion.

I've had people tell me that was the best carrot cake they've ever had.

Hope that helps!

Tim

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%