Cake And Filling Ideas

Decorating By ldewey Updated 19 Oct 2006 , 7:55pm by sk8gr8md

ldewey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ldewey Posted 19 Oct 2006 , 7:45pm
post #1 of 6

I am pretty new to this site and have really been inspired to do more cake decorating. I want to do a fall themed cake for a party next week. I have only done cake mix cakes and buttercream icing before. I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions for a good cake and filling to try. I want to get outside my box and try new things. I also think I might like to try and experiment with MMF. Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated.

5 replies
HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 19 Oct 2006 , 7:47pm
post #2 of 6

Check out this thread:

http://CakeCentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=443194#443194

For a fall cake, a pumkin cake with a cream cheese filling would be fantastic!

moralna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moralna Posted 19 Oct 2006 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 6

A spice cake with cream cheese or caramel filling might also be tasty.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 19 Oct 2006 , 7:49pm
post #4 of 6

how about doing a spice cake......or even a yellow cake but instead of adding water add some pumpkin spice coffee creamer to the mix........and maybe you can make a pumpkin filling.....by mixing a lg. can of pumpkin (not pie filling) a box of butterscotch pudding, a box of vanilla pudding, and 2 cups of milk mix it all together and then add in pumpkin pie spice to taste.....it's yummy....almost like a pumpkin pudding! Maybe even make a buttercream and add a couple pinches of cinnamon to it for the frosting on the cake.....that just screams fall to me!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 19 Oct 2006 , 7:50pm
post #5 of 6

oh and you could also bake this cake in two bundt pans and invert them so the flat sides are together to form a pumpkin shape and cover with orange MMF!

sk8gr8md Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sk8gr8md Posted 19 Oct 2006 , 7:55pm
post #6 of 6

My fave fall cake is a spice cake with caramel apple filling and cinnamon buttercream. For the filling, take a can of sweetened condensed milk, pour it into a small sauce pan and cook on low for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, peel and slice an apple then cook it in boiling water with a splash of lemon juice for about 10 mins. Remove the apple slices from the water and lay out on paper towels to cool and dry for a bit. Chop up the apples and mix in with the caramel. Yum! As for the buttercream, I just added a few tsp. of cinnamon to my usual recipe. Yum!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%