Cornelli Lace And Scrollwork Help Please :)

Decorating By Copacabanya Updated 21 Aug 2007 , 3:59am by Copacabanya

Copacabanya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Copacabanya Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 11:51pm
post #1 of 5

I finally got a chance to try my hand at cornelli lace and some freehand scrollwork on a practice cake. It's the first time I have attempted either of them so I know I can get better. I would appreciate some tips to help me improve. Tell me what I did wrong, what I did right, whatever advice you have to offer. I've never actually seen a cake in person with cornelli lace on it so I'm not even sure what it should really look like. lol I know I have been living under a rock!

Anyway, you won't hurt my feelings, I'm really looking for ways to improve before I have to do this on a cake for someone, so let her rip! icon_wink.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_938423.html

Thanks!
Anya

4 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 11:59pm
post #2 of 5

I think you did a wonderful job, the scrolls look very steady and even, and the cake is so smooth! There is nothing wrong with it the way it looks now! It is great! thumbs_up.gif The only thing I would say to improve the cornelli on top is to pipe it little closer, or tighter, together so it resembles lace more closely.

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 2:42am
post #3 of 5

Job well done, it's beautiful.

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 2:52am
post #4 of 5

I love cornelli lace so much I try to do it and I know is hard but want improve it I think is it a very nice touch on a cake, I have a hard time getting mine even I start real close than as I get tired I seem to get it wider, your scroll work looks great the cornelli lace looks very even but I would try to do it closer together or tighter don't know the right term and not sure what tip you used my instructor told us the smaller the tip the better the cornelli Tip 1 is what I used here
LL

Copacabanya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Copacabanya Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 3:59am
post #5 of 5

notjustcake - Hey I think I've seen that cake before! icon_wink.gif It looks beautiful, maybe I need to sign up for those classes!

Thank ya'll for the tips! That's just the kind of help I needed! Now I know what to work on.

Thank you so much for your compliments as well, you guys are always so encouraging! icon_smile.gif

Anya

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%