Pasta Machine

Decorating By itsloops Updated 19 Oct 2006 , 4:54pm by golfgirl1227

itsloops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsloops Posted 19 Oct 2006 , 1:52am
post #1 of 8

Ok. So I want to practice on making bows.

I have tried the rolling pin but I feel that I often roll it too thin in one place and too thick in others. icon_mad.gif

I purchased a mini pasta machine but it doesn't flatten well. The fondant comes out wrinkled. icon_cry.gif

I'm going to throw it out tomorrow. tapedshut.gif

Are there any other ideas or can anyone give me pointers or advice???

Please help me

7 replies
mnmmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mnmmommy Posted 19 Oct 2006 , 2:14am
post #2 of 8

I would love to know the answer to this also. I just got my pasta attachment for my ka and it doesn't come out smooth. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I would love to know so here's a bump!

ME2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ME2 Posted 19 Oct 2006 , 3:17am
post #3 of 8

When using a pasta machine to roll your fondant, make sure the piece you put in is almost as thin as the finished piece will be. If it's too thick going in, the edges will be torn & ragged when it comes out.

Took lots of messing with my pasta machine before I finally figured that out!

Also, make sure you've kneaded your fondant well before running it through. The edges will also be torn & ragged if the fondant is too cold.

PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 19 Oct 2006 , 3:20am
post #4 of 8

I just read a post on rolling pin rings...they are rings that you put on your rolling pin to roll the fondant evenly. They come in different sizes. Here is the website for buying them.

http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=143030 HTH

Patrice

ME2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ME2 Posted 19 Oct 2006 , 3:21am
post #5 of 8

We had some left-over 2" pvc pipe so I had my husband cut it down into several sizes of rolling pins. I then got pvc end caps to use for the same purpose. works great! Rolls the fondant a little thick, though....

jtb94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jtb94 Posted 19 Oct 2006 , 3:27am
post #6 of 8

I always wondered if a pasta maker would work for fondant.

sherik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherik Posted 19 Oct 2006 , 5:24am
post #7 of 8

When I want to roll fondant or gum paste I use two skewers or dowles placed on the outside edges so the rolling pin edges rest on them. As you roll it comes out even all the way across.

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 19 Oct 2006 , 4:54pm
post #8 of 8

Are you starting with a higher number and running it through, then lowering the number and running it through and keep doing it until it's thin? Or maybe it's starting with a lower number and going up- I can't remember without going to look at mine. Anyway, that helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%