Is It Inappropriate To Leave Business Cards At The Reception

Decorating By itsasweetthing Updated 20 Aug 2007 , 7:30pm by cakequeen50

itsasweetthing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsasweetthing Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 4:20am
post #1 of 7

Is it inappropriate to leave a business card at the reception hall after setting up a Wedding cake?
Where is the best place to leave them?
My guess is that it is tacky to leave them around the cake.

6 replies
kpcrash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kpcrash Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 4:24am
post #2 of 7

I have left them at the entrance area - like a table with guestbook, but not spread out or anything like that, just a few.

emmascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmascakes Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 7:22am
post #3 of 7

I will sometimes leave one with the person in charge of catering as they get people asking them about cakes - putting them on the cake table would be awful!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 11:43am
post #4 of 7

my situation is slightly different since I stay at the reception ... I'm usually doing the catering AND the cake.

After we clean up/pack up everything, I will leave a few cards on the cake table, with the leftover pieces of cake and/or on the cleaned off buffet table.

I've seen cake decorators leave some cards when they drop off the cake, and they place them discreetly on the cake table behind the cake, making them available for those who want them, but not in full view during the photos, etc.

Ask your bride her feelings on it. I find most brides have the "Oh absolutely it's ok!" attitude on this subject.

sbcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sbcakes Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 11:51am
post #5 of 7

The only time I ever leave cards at the reception venue, is if they ask for some. What I have started to do though is I have a packet of information that I leave with the caterers to give to the bride and groom along with a cake box for the top tier. In that packet of info, I leave directions for freezing the cake, a thank you letter, a coupon, 3 business cards and a brochure!

itsasweetthing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsasweetthing Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 2:07pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks everyone for your input.

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 7:30pm
post #7 of 7

sbcakes, what a great idea. A nice little package!

I don't usually leave business cards at the wedding because I almost always end up dealing with the help instead of a catering manager. I have had several brides ask me why I didn't leave cards. I always thought that was very tacky, maybe I need to re-think that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%