Help With Stamping On Cookies!!!!!!!!

Baking By Cookies4kids Updated 22 Aug 2007 , 6:54pm by Cookies4kids

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 12:24am
post #1 of 5

I have some wonderful rubber stamps left over from a "previous passion"!!! I want to make round cookies covered with white MMF and use the stamps to make the outline on the fondant. Then I will fill them in with edible markers. My problem is how to transfer the rubber stamp picture to the fondant. Should I take the black edible marker and go over the rubber stamp first to transfer the pattern or is there a better way to do this? Maybe I can't use the rubber stamps at all. Has anyone done anything similar to this? I thought of pressing the stamp into the fondant, but then I would have an indented design that I can't go around with the black marker. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Lilybird

4 replies
texastwinkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texastwinkie Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 12:37am
post #2 of 5

Just found this link... maybe it will help you.
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/crafting/article/0,1789,HGTV_3352_1921741,00.html

and another link..
http://www.sweetstampen.com/

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 9:54am
post #3 of 5

wouldn't the stamp leave the imprint in the mmf? Then you could go back over it and trace it? you can also use your black gel paste to "ink" it.

Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 10:07am
post #4 of 5

Lilybird, I have done this for a wedding, and I ended up saturating a paper towel in food color, then pressing my stamp into the paper towel, then onto the cookie. It leaves an imprint, and also leaves the color.

You have to get the color just right on the stamp (not too much), or else it will blur on the cookie/MMF. I personally think that the imprint alone is more elegant, but I have not tried the edible markers yet to fill in the stamp.

Also, the stamp I used was brand new ~ I would make absolutely sure that your stamps were completely clean and free of any ink...

HTH!
<S>

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 6:54pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the help everyone. Texas, that is the neatest link that you posted. I called the place and Holly, the owner, was the nicest person to talk to. There are 2 techniques that they use and the cookies are so beautiful. I use to paint ornaments for a living, so this gives me the opportunity to do what I know. Thanks again for the great help.
Lilybird

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%