Whats The Difference?

Decorating By FaithsPlace Updated 19 Aug 2007 , 10:46pm by FaithsPlace

FaithsPlace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FaithsPlace Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 10:12pm
post #1 of 4

Ok totally confused...luster dust...petal dust...glitters...pearl dust...etc....are these not to be put all over the cake? I have seen sooo many pretty cakes that this stuff airbrushed on them but, then, I read , not to put it on anything but decor...Im confused icon_lol.gif

Which ones can you put all over the cake and which ones are just for decorations?

Thanks ladies!

3 replies
rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 10:17pm
post #2 of 4

You're right it is sooo confusing. Here's a great thread about the dusts, glitters, etc!
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-54059.html
Hope that helps ya!

_________
-Rezzy

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 10:23pm
post #3 of 4

there are a small handful of metallic colors (certain brands) like gold for example (again, not all golds) that contain an ingredient that is not for consumption, but decoration only. but, it should say on the lable. the ones i use, are all edible, i use them all the time, i eat them all the time. i dont buy the ones that say for decoration only. although i have heard ( i think) that these are termed edible in europe. standards are different in different places.

FaithsPlace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FaithsPlace Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 10:46pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you soooo much! I will check out that thread and try to understand all of this, lol, I use to think that cake was just cake, hahahahhahahaha...there are so many fun things out there now!

Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%