Airbrush...

Decorating By cassi_g16 Updated 20 Aug 2007 , 4:46pm by Rookie68

cassi_g16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassi_g16 Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 6:33pm
post #1 of 4

What is a good airbrush to start with that isn't too expensive. I am just starting out and would like to look into buying one. I have no idea what brand or what all is needed. Can you use any air brush so long as it is dedicated to food safe products? What kind of psi is reccomended? What do you use as an air compressor?

3 replies
cassi_g16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassi_g16 Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 4

bump

heidihill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heidihill Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 6:30am
post #3 of 4

Paasche is the brand I use. They are good, I'm not sure how expensive they are though. I think even the cheapest is going to cost a bit, so you might as well get something good to start with. Rather than getting a dodgey one and then paying for a good one later.

The airbrush does not need to be dedicated to food safe products. This is because, even if you are using non-edible paint in it, it must be cleaned thoroughly after use, otherwise it will clog and stop working. If you are concerned, I would use a food safe cleaning solution after it has been cleaned from paint. Or just use run water through it.

Hope that helps some.
Heidi

Rookie68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rookie68 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 4:46pm
post #4 of 4

Hi!

I have to second the Paasche also. I just took an airbrush class last weekend and our instructor told us about the paasche double action airbrush. It works awesome..easy to use, pull apart, clean, etc..If you are going to put the $$ out for one this is the one that I recommend.

HTH!
Peggy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%