Is She Crazy!

Lounge By AgentCakeBaker Updated 21 Oct 2006 , 1:16pm by mbelgard

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 4:24pm
post #1 of 15

Ok, last month I wanted to experiment with cheesecakes. So I made one plain cheesecake, took it to work for others to sample, and it was a hit. Now usually I don't bring anymore goodies to work unless we have a department gathering where everyone brings something. This time I wanted to get some honest opinions about my cheesecake since it was the very first one.

So yesterday, a few of us were craving some dessert including myself. Then one of the lady's told me to bring in a cheesecake tomorrow. Not for the entire group but just for her. She told me to make a small one so she could have it. Now all of you know that when we make cheesecake batter it turns out to be enough for an 8 or 10in cheesecake. I have never altered a cheesecake recipe before and I wasn't about to do it for her either. She didn't even mentioned buying the cheesecake. She just wanted me to make one and bring it in for her to eat and for her to take the rest home to her family. I believe this woman has lost her mind. At first I thought she was joking but I think she was serious b/c when she came in this morning she asked me where was her cheesecake. So I asked her was she going to pay for one, if so she needs to put in an order for one. Then I said, "boy you guys don't want to pay for anything around here". Then she said "We will pay for the supplies".

HELLO....pay for supplies, I said what about paying for my time too. She said it tastes better when someone brings in samples, then I said "it would taste even better if you pay for since I'll be putting my heart into for paying customers". Then she starts laughing.

I can't believe she actually thought I was going to bring her in a cheesecake at no cost. And get this, it is not one of my personal recipes. It is one that I pulled from a website so I gave her a copy of the recipe last week. Why couldn't she go home and make the dang thing herself. icon_mad.gif

SHE HAS LOST HER MIND!

14 replies
mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 4:31pm
post #2 of 15

Well...if she lost her mind, she lost it a long time ago!! LOL!

Some people are just that way. My neighbors are constantly badgering the avon lady for free samples, not just the woman, but her husband is constantly asking for them!!!

This woman wasn't joking at all! I think you giving her the recipe was a good idea, now you should ask her when is she going to bring her cheesecake in? See what she does then?

Good Luck dealing with this one, lol!

KatieTaylor77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieTaylor77 Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 15

I guess you could take it as a compliment as well . . . although the woman went about flattering you in the wrong way. Come to think of it, I'm craving cheesecake now, too. Wanna make me one? icon_wink.gif

jtb94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jtb94 Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 7:02pm
post #4 of 15

I want one too. icon_smile.gif

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 7:07pm
post #5 of 15

Sounds like she needs therapy. besides a Lobatomy.
If they are not payiing you for the whole thing (your price), then don't do it.

How tacky thumbsdown.gif of her to assume that you will do it for nothing.

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 7:10pm
post #6 of 15

I quess baking calls for a good sense of humor and a quick wit! I need to brush up on both because that story made me mad! Jeesh the nerve. My mouth would have dropped open icon_surprised.gif and then I would have started bumling excuses why I could not. Your very good to be so honest. thumbs_up.gif

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 7:39pm
post #7 of 15

Yes, shes a loon! lol

Marksgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marksgirl Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 7:45pm
post #8 of 15

Oh I want one too...and while your at it could you please deliver it to me...Lets see you live in GA and I live in IN. That's not that far icon_biggrin.gif

elvis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvis Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 7:45pm
post #9 of 15

That's too funny. Since she has the recipe now, you should ask her if she'll bring you one in for tomorrow. Tell her its her turn. icon_smile.gif

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 7:46pm
post #10 of 15

I am glad you set her straight. Theres always someone that trys to take advantage.
My office is that way to. When I was taking my classes I would bring in the cakes for my office to eat and then I started getting "when are we getting our cake" from other depts. My response was if you would like to order one from me I would love to make it for you. The neve of some people.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 7:46pm
post #11 of 15

Give her a business card for the Cheescake cafe (Resteraunt here which has awesome cheesecake) and tell her there is her cheesecake!!! HA!HA!

morg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morg Posted 19 Oct 2006 , 4:30am
post #12 of 15

I had a supervisor like that. The woman thought nothing of taking, taking, taking with never a thought of giving. It was an art with her.

Some people are simply black holes!

I used to cook for my squad (night shift), and this day shift bozo would come on duty at 06:00 asking why I didn't save her some. I can't think of one time in all those years that she did one nice thing for *anyone*.

Good for you for not caving into her! thumbs_up.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 4:20am
post #13 of 15

lets see...on your way to dropping off Marksgirl' cheesecake you could swing by MI and bring one to me too!!! oh and I'll pay you for your supplies but not the gas or the time it takes you to make and deliver it. icon_lol.gif just kidding!!!! the lady is nuts.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 1:15pm
post #14 of 15

I know what you mean...I have 2 people...no make that 3 (one is my sister), asking if I have any "mistakes" or class cakes laying around the house. They will gladly take them off my hands. I finally told them that since they couldn't seem to "place an order" that no more free mistakes were coming their way. I think that they have had enough samples to know about my work.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 1:16pm
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkolmar

lets see...on your way to dropping off Marksgirl' cheesecake you could swing by MI and bring one to me too!!! oh and I'll pay you for your supplies but not the gas or the time it takes you to make and deliver it. icon_lol.gif just kidding!!!! the lady is nuts.

Swing up to North Dakota too. icon_lol.gif
The woman is nuts. The part that really gets me is that she wants you to make one just for her, like she's your best friend or something. icon_confused.gif It might not be quite sane to ask for one to share with the office but for one for her family. icon_eek.gif icon_surprised.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%