How Would You Make A Furby Cake

Decorating By sprtd76 Updated 18 Oct 2006 , 3:02pm by sprtd76

sprtd76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sprtd76 Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 1:46pm
post #1 of 9

Hi All,
Do any of you remember when the Furby craze hit? My dad has asked me to make a cake resembling a Furby for my mom for her b'day. Any ideas on how to go about getting the shape of the Furby? I am at a loss here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA thumbs_up.gif

8 replies
MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 1:52pm
post #2 of 9

Hmmm, how about using the large 3D bear pan, I'm sure you could shape/add to it to make it the right shape.

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 1:55pm
post #3 of 9

I'd probably just use a wondermold and use pull out starts and put an mmf beak, ears and eyes. They are kind of blobbly....if that makes sense! Hope that helps.....those things really creep me out!

amodeoandrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amodeoandrea Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 2:01pm
post #4 of 9

I would use a ball pan and just carve it until you get the right shape. As long as you have the basic structure, you can do just about anything with frosting and fondant. It sounds like a fun project. Please post you pictures.

sarzoemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarzoemom Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 2:07pm
post #5 of 9

I would use the 3dbear also and then use tip #233 for the fur. Call me odd but I think they are adorable and can't wait to see the end cake!

amodeoandrea Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 2:07pm
post #6 of 9

Ok after looking at some furby's I think you could make some smaller round cakes(4-6") stack and fill them. Freeze it for a little while and then just do some minor carving. To get that egg shaped top. Oh this looks like fun.

amodeoandrea Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 2:11pm
post #7 of 9

Wow! I just looked at your pics. Great work! Use whatever pan you used for the pineapple on your sponge bob cake.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 2:22pm
post #8 of 9

If you do a Google Images search, there are some great pictures. One of them looks like you could use the small doll skirt pan, or what I call the boobie pan, it has the slightly pointy top for his head. Janice

After looking at the photos some more, looks like the 3d egg pan might work too, if you need that big a Furby.

sprtd76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sprtd76 Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 3:02pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I knew I could count on my fellow CCers for suggestions. Hopefully Furby turns out and I will post a pic. Thanks again. icon_biggrin.gif --Beth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%