Camo Cake

Decorating By ntertayneme Updated 14 Jul 2005 , 3:09pm by Tazalexis

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 2:21am
post #1 of 6

I looked everywhere for pics of a camo cake I had done in the past and never found them .. Someone on here once had asked to see a pic of it .. well I got an order for another one .. I made a few changes to it but then I do that with every cake I do .. I'll do different borders, different color of writing, etc... Let me know what you all think of it
LL

5 replies
Tazalexis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tazalexis Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 3:29am
post #2 of 6

I have to do a cake like this this weekend. I even posted an emergency help, in the forum. Please tell me how to go about this so the colors look blended but not smudged!!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 4:34am
post #3 of 6

Entertayneme, your cake looks fantastic! I'd be interested in knowing how you iced it and then got it so smooth without messing up the color lines. Janice

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 1:26pm
post #4 of 6

I use Viva paper towels to smooth... there is no set pattern for camo so that's what make it fun to do lol .. I let the crusting buttercream icing I use sit for about 15 minutes after I've gotten all the colors swirled in on the cake and then I smooth it down w/the Viva paper towel .. they'll smudge just a tad, but it doesn't look bad at all.. every guy that's seen these cakes makes a comment "Oh cool!! A camo cake... now I like that!"

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 1:38pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks entertayneme, I love your cake...hope I get a chance to make one sometime. Those Viva paper towels are really great! Janice

Tazalexis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tazalexis Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 3:09pm
post #6 of 6

I got your private message and I'm very gratefull, I will post a pic when I'm through!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%