Factory-Reconditioned Kitchen Aid Mixer

Decorating By holzie Updated 17 Oct 2006 , 7:00pm by dydemus

holzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
holzie Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 6:26pm
post #1 of 10

Has any one ever bought a factory reconditioned kitchen aid? Any info anyone has about them would be great.

9 replies
jeanair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeanair Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 6:29pm
post #2 of 10

yES, i DID BACK IN 2000. i HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. hEY, IT EVEN SURVIED WATER WHEN MY HOUSE WAS BURNING TO THE GROUND. MY BEST FRIEND GRABBED IT, IT WAS FULL OF COOKIE DOUGH, BUT SHE SAVED IT. i DID LOSE ALL OF THE HOOKS, BEATERS AND WHIP, BUT I JUST PURCHASED THOSE LAST YEAR. i THEN SARTED THE MIXER AND IT HAS NOT FAILED ME YET? iT WAS WELL WORTH THE MONEY. $159.00. iT IS THE 5 QT ULTRA.

momnzoes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momnzoes Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 6:41pm
post #3 of 10

Where did you buy it? I've seen them on eBay, but are there other places?

megankennedy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megankennedy Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 6:44pm
post #4 of 10

i bought mine a few months ago, a 6 qt professional, from kitchencollection.com and have had no problems with it at all. i paid 239 for it...

jeanair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeanair Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 6:46pm
post #5 of 10

mine came from Kitchen Collection. Chillicothe, Ohio .

modthyrth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
modthyrth Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 6:47pm
post #6 of 10

My Kitchenaid is 30-some years old, older than I am. It belonged to my grandmother, who was a professional cake baker/decorator of note in her day. Every once in a while something quirky happens but it's an easy home-repair and it just keeps on trucking. I'm not sure if you'd be able to do any self-service work on the newer solid state mixers, of course. But Kitchenaid mixers can definitely go just about forever, even after some repair work! I'd trust a refurbished model.

Marissaisabel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marissaisabel Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 6:51pm
post #7 of 10

I have a kitchen aid that I bought from kitchen aid direct. Came with everyting. Has never failed and they even did free shipping & no tax. I have had it for five years. Give them a look to compare. They also see other refurbished appliances and tools. LOL

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 6:52pm
post #8 of 10

I haven't purchased one, however I have seen reconditioned KA's on amazon.com for about $159 w/free shipping. Seems like a great deal and I believe that its still guaranteed.

good36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
good36 Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 6:53pm
post #9 of 10

I bought mine from Amazon reconditioned. It was $99.00 with free shipping and a $20.00 gift Certificate toward future purchase. I've had it about 2 years and never had a problem. Love it. But I do wish I had bought a larger one. I have the 4.5qt.
Judy

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 7:00pm
post #10 of 10

You really can't go wrong with a Kitchenaid, wherever it's from. We bought one reconditioned. It did start making funny noises a year later, but Kitchenaid sent me another reconditioned one (I didn't have to pay for postage and my "new" one arrived before I had to send the old one back) - even though my warranty had expired 6 months earlier. This next one worked fine for about a year and then made some noises too. My husband had the Kitchenaid employee listen over the phone and she sent us a new UPGRADE no more questions asked - once again we were over our warranty. I now have the strongest motor Kitchenaid they make and it's FABULOUS - and even though we had to return two, it was worth it. Kitchenaid stands behind their products and has the best customer service!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%