Grasshopper Cake Complete! Should I Add Anything??

Decorating By Iheartcake Updated 18 Aug 2007 , 2:21am by stacyyarger

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 12:17am
post #1 of 11

Well she's done!! I posted a few days ago asking for help and thanks to Doug, I got it done tonight! The only thing is I really wanted her to have eyelashes. I tried using flower stamens painted black with gel colours however I can't stick them through the fondant/RK head. I then thought about using the Wilton black marker but am nervous it won't turn out cause they're awfully thick. Should I just leave it? I don't want to end up ruining it by adding too much. What do you think??

And for those who missed the last post, it's one of the girls' birthday and we all drink grasshoppers when we get together (creme do cacao, creme de menthe and milk). She also sells Mary Kay so I made a grasshopper holding a MK bag. And the cake is actually Grasshopper cake, made with Creme de Menthe with chocolate icing for a filling.
LL

10 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 12:39am
post #2 of 11

cute!

thin strip of black fondant (like the eyeliner at the base of lashes) and then stick the black stamens in that (and maybe a dot of black royal icing to help hold too?

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 12:51am
post #3 of 11

Really cute and what a great idea to do this with the grasshopper theme.

Great Job!

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 12:53am
post #4 of 11

so cute! It looks great! I love the flavors- what a great idea!

angelcakesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakesmom Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 12:59am
post #5 of 11

Very cute! thumbs_up.gif Do you have the grass tip (#233)? I think it would look add a little something w/ some grass and maybe some simple drop flowers around it. But it's adorable like it is too!

cheferyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheferyn Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 1:16am
post #6 of 11

You could try using fake eyelashes from the makeup section of the store. Just make sure that no one eats them. Halloween stuff should be out you might find some really long funny ones. Just a thought. It really looks great though.

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 1:30am
post #7 of 11

Oooh fake eyelashes.. what a great idea! Definately the look I'm going for. I'm not having much luck with the stames.. too flimsy. Thanks for all the comments and all the help!!

kkhigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkhigh Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 1:32am
post #8 of 11

cute grasshopper!
I have made eyelashes for a ladybug by cutting a circle of fondant or chocolate clay then snipping the edges with scissors to achieve eyelashes, (so basically you have an flat circle shape with eyelashes ) then placing those on the face and putting the fondant/clay eye on top of that. not a very good description, i'll try to post a pic to show what i mean.
-kim

kkhigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkhigh Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 1:40am
post #9 of 11

Ok, so i cannot get the picture to attach in the post so i uploaded it to my photos. It says it will take up to 30 minutes before it can be viewed but maybe it will give you some ideas for your grasshopper eyelashes.
-kim

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 2:12am
post #10 of 11

ooh that is cute!!

stacyyarger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacyyarger Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 2:21am
post #11 of 11

Oh how cute it is!!!!!! Great Job!!!

Thanks for sharing,
Stacy

Quote by @%username% on %date%