Wilton Castle Set?

Decorating By mommabuda Updated 18 Aug 2007 , 5:08pm by gmcakes

mommabuda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabuda Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 2

Is this easy to use? I'm thinking of ordering it for a 1st birthday party in about a week and was just wondering what everyone had to say about it... I don't want to do fondant at all with it so it'll be BC with RI flowers... a girly cake... also, if anyone has made the cake on the cover of the yearbook, what sizes are those? Thanks!

1 reply
gmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmcakes Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 5:08pm
post #2 of 2

I bought it a few weeks ago, and just used it for the first time last night. Let me start by saying that I hat to do castle cakes...would rather die if possible, I find them very unstable.

I used the kit on a 6" + 8" round (I would recommend at least a 4" difference in size between the pans nect time, as this doesn't leave much of a ledge on your cakes to work with!) My cake had to travel a 45 minute drive from my house so I did end up revising a little bit. All said and done, I think it turned out okay, and would use it again. It is very easy to work with. I think it was definitely worth the purchase for me.

I haven't made it. but the cake on the front of the Wilton yearbook is a 6" round + a 10" round.

I just posted my photo to my pics a few minutes ago. It is all buttercream, and airbrushed to resemble a stone wall. Here's a link:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=928373&done=1

ps. ...love the pirate cake in your avatar!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%