Please Help Me Define.....

Decorating By briansbaker Updated 17 Oct 2006 , 2:15am by rreed6263

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 8:16pm
post #1 of 6

Novelty Cakes, Specialty Cakes, 3D cakes, Custom made Cakes...

I want to better organize my site.. But I need help defining these categories...

Heres my site..
www.freewebs.com/briansbaker

TIA
Christy

5 replies
mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 1:15am
post #2 of 6

sorry, can't help with that, but i just wanted to say great site!!

lilypie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilypie Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 1:30am
post #3 of 6

I also think that you have a very nice looking site.

are you trying to list the definitions? or just trying to decide which cakes go where?

bakedandiced Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakedandiced Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 1:31am
post #4 of 6

Under Novelty cakes - I would put the 3D and sculpted cakes

Specialty Cakes - with separate headings for00 Anniversaries, promotions, baby shower, religious etc.

Custom Cakes - wedding cakes, bridal showers, grooms cakes - these events really make me think of a custom cake

This is just my thoughts, your website is pretty neat as it is. If I had a website I would include a section with an explanation and examples of like a cake iced in buttercream, fondant, RI etc and also so examples of different decorations, fondant ribbons, flowers, again just a suggestion.

Best wishes.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 1:44am
post #5 of 6

Hmmm.

To be honest, if I were a customer who didn't know much about cakes, those terms would probably confuse me. As it is, I didn't think there was much difference between "custom" and "specialty"... but then I'm easily confused. haha.

How about something like "Novelty" (your shaped cakes), Party or Celebration cakes (your regular celebration cakes), and wedding cakes? Under Party you could have like birthday, showers, anniversary, etc.

Just my two cents... icon_biggrin.gif

rreed6263 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rreed6263 Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 2:15am
post #6 of 6

You might want to break your birthdays down by
children, teens, adults, etc.
I know this is a lot of work, your holidays could be divided.
Also, showers(ie. bridal, baby) weddings, christenings, congratulations, bon voyage, .......
You get the idea, you also may find that some might fit into more than 1 category.
Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%