Carved Cake Recipe

Decorating By AshleyLogan Updated 22 Oct 2006 , 4:51am by HollyPJ

AshleyLogan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AshleyLogan Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 5:22pm
post #1 of 8

Hey there
Does anyone have a good recipe for cake dense enough for carving.
My recipes all focus around making moist cake.
Thanks for any help
Ash

7 replies
wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 8

There is a Durable cake for 3D and Wedding Cakes recipe on the recipe section. icon_smile.gif hope this helps..

wgoat5 Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 4:30am
post #3 of 8

Glad you had good luck icon_smile.gif

HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 4:38am
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

There is a Durable cake for 3D and Wedding Cakes recipe on the recipe section. icon_smile.gif hope this helps..

I agree. I used it for the brown puppy in my photos. It carves well and tastes really good.

stacey000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacey000 Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 8:55pm
post #5 of 8

I have heard that pound cake makes a good cake for carving...does anyone know if thats true?

puzzlegut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puzzlegut Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 10:20pm
post #6 of 8

Do you think it's okay to use butter and milk in place of the water and oil in this recipe? Also, does it have to be egg whites or could the whole eggs be used?

wgoat5 Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 3:39am
post #7 of 8

I don't know about you all..but I am funny about pound cake..it is either very very good or very very bad .... I cringe even thinking about making it.

HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 4:51am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzlegut

Do you think it's okay to use butter and milk in place of the water and oil in this recipe? Also, does it have to be egg whites or could the whole eggs be used?

I think so...though butter might make it more crumbly.

I actually used 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg. I like the richness that yolks give. (I think whites are better for structure though...maybe...I don't know icon_smile.gif )

This is a very rich-tasting recipe. I made a cake for my husband's company birthday yesterday and used it for one of the tiers. I filled it with strawberry filling and lemon cream cheese filling and it was divine. People just gobbled it up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%