Question About Airbrush

Decorating By mcglass Updated 16 Oct 2006 , 4:38pm by tazzack

mcglass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcglass Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 3

Hi-
I'm a newbie-first post! I bought a KopyKake airbrush (the lower priced one) and I have a question. Should there be any air coming out when there is no pressure on the nozzle/trigger/whatever-you-call-it?
There is a little air (and tiny bit of color) coming out of mine before I ever push the button. Is this normal? I've taken it apart and put it back together 10 times. Also, can you clean the gun with water or do you really need to spring for the cleaner?
Thanks so much!

2 replies
formerbuckeye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
formerbuckeye Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 4:21pm
post #2 of 3

Hi, I just recently purchased the higher priced KopyKake airbrush system. There is air some air that comes through the brush when the compressor is on, even if I haven't pressed the trigger, but I don't remember seeing color come out until I depress the trigger. As for cleaning, I run water through mine until it runs clear and then take apart to dry and finish cleaning with a Q-Tip. So far, so good. I think you can also just put the parts in soapy water to clean, then make sure you dry it good. Hope this helps.

tazzack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tazzack Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 4:38pm
post #3 of 3

I have had my airbrush machine for a while ( i got the middle of the line one) I have air coming out all the time but no colour unless I press the button. I use water to clean the nozzle between colours but when I am done using it for the day I run a little of the air brush cleaner through it.
I hope this helps!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%