Need Ideas For My Logo...please

Business By jewelykaye Updated 20 Aug 2007 , 4:53pm by sweeteecakes

jewelykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelykaye Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 6

I don't expect anyone to sketch up anything. I'm just drawing a blank when it comes to thinking how I want it to look exactly. Well I kind of know the style I like but don't know how to achieve them without copying someone else.

For example I LOVE Sugar Love's logo, I love the simplicity, the colors, the modern design.

I think I would want a cake somewhere in my logo but I'm not sure. I just can't think of anything.

I know this isn't really much information to go on. I can't really imagine many people responding to this question as to me it sounds impossible to answer. If you could try with anything I would really appreciate it!

Thanks a bunch!

5 replies
AnneZA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnneZA Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 8:44pm
post #2 of 6

Have you tried Google Image? A few good key words will bring up a bunch of pictures. Be sure to add the word logo. Not that I want you to copy, but it can be very inspirational.

Anne

albumangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
albumangel Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 9:52pm
post #3 of 6

What's the name of your business?
Who are your target customers?
What is your specialty or focus?

There are even more questions to consider when designing your logo. If you want to target a higher-income bracket, I would even suggest going to a small advertising agency, or approaching a local college to see if advertising students would want to work on it. I'm hooked up with an advertising agency that will be working on my logo- they know all about the look, colors, graphics, and perception that will attract the customers I will want in the future. It costs a good bit of money, but I'm willing to invest that to make my business successful. From prior business ventures, I know how important it is.

jewelykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelykaye Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 10:37pm
post #4 of 6

Wow, I'm spacey. The name of the company is Simply Delicious. I don't have target customers really. Party cakes, wedding cakes, cookies etc. My focus I would say is more of the creative cakes. Detailed and fun or unique but I'll do the "plain" ones as well.

I can't put out any money right now. As we are expecting our first child and we must skrimp and save. I used to dabble in Graphic Arts a bit but I think since it's my logo I'm drawing a blank.

hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 11:29pm
post #5 of 6

Hi JewelKaye, I am having a very boring sunday evening, so I dabbled in Paint Shop Pro. I did a design, don't know if it would even interest you but what the heck, this is for you if you want it. By the way, it is 100% mouse drawn, (as you probably can tell) totaly copyright free.
I see the font party and wedding is not very clear, that can be corrected.
LL

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 4:53pm
post #6 of 6

hellie0h, you do great work! where were you when i needed my logo?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%