Help Please!! Quickly!! Need Help With Making Teddy Bears!

Decorating By teej Updated 18 Oct 2006 , 7:03am by Cakechick123

teej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teej Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 3:11am
post #1 of 9

If anyone can offer any help, I would sure appreciate it! I am part of my girlfriend's bridal party and am making her a bridal shower cake in 3 days. I have never used gum paste, fondant or any of that stuff before. I have a picture of a cake I found in the gallery called 'teddy bear, teddy bear' and would love to make that for her for her shower. Any ideas how to make those teddy bears? I'm sure I could fumble thru and make some kind of a bear but it sure won't look like those! Help please - anyone!!!!!
icon_sad.gif

8 replies
alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 3:18am
post #2 of 9

More information on the cake please, or provide a link. Don't know which one you're talking about.

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 3:25am
post #3 of 9

Wilton has a large and small 3-D bear pan that can be used for teddy bears! Can you give us a pic or a link to a pic so we know more info!!

daisyz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisyz Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 3:39am
post #4 of 9

I'm not sure I can help with how to make this, but for those that can, I found this cake in the gallery http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-51825.html
Is this the one you're referring to? (It is sooo cute!)
HTH!

Tkeys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tkeys Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 3:59am
post #5 of 9

Here is a link to how to make fondant figurines . . . not bears/animals, but it might give you some ideas. http://www.lorraine-icingonthecake.co.uk/masterclass/face-howto.htm

teej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teej Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 5:32am
post #6 of 9

Daisyz, you got it! That is the exact cake I want to make! Tkeys, thanks you. I will definitely check out the website for the fondant figures. Thank you all for any help you can give me. I really don't want to flub this! I have a feeling I'm not going to get this done on time!!!

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 8:03am
post #7 of 9

I have step by step instructions on making bears, pm me if u want me to pass it on

daisyz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisyz Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 12:15am
post #8 of 9

riana, after looking for this cake for teej, I fell in love with the bears! Could you pm me the instructions for the bears too? Thanks a bunch! =)

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 7:03am
post #9 of 9

PM me ur details and I will send it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%